Patient Ratings for Cascara
How was your experience with Cascara?
Cascara Brand Names
Cascara Drug Class
Cascara is part of the drug class:
This is not a complete list of Cascaradrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Cascara and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Cascara falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Cascara should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Cascara should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Take cascara exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Cascara dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Cascara is available in the following doses:
- Cascara Sagrada 100% Oral Liquid
- Cascara Sagrada 150 Mg Oral Tablet
- Cascara Sagrada 325 Mg Oral Tablet
- Cascara Sagrada-magnesium Hydroxide 5 Ml-2.34 G/15 Ml Oral Suspension
- Cascara Sagrada-magnesium Hydroxide 5 Ml-2.34 G/30 Ml Oral Suspension
- Cascara Sagrada-phenolphthalein 50 Mg-32.4 Mg Oral Tablet
Forms of Medication
Cascara is available in the following forms:
- Oral Capsule
- Oral Solution
- Oral Suspension
- Oral Tablet