Top 10 Items For Your Medicine Cabinet
1. Pain and fever reducer
If you have pain and/or fever, having acetaminophen (Tylenol) and/ or ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) in your medicine cabinet is important.
When taking these medications, make sure to not exceed the recommended daily amounts. Taking more than recommended can be harmful.
When giving your child any type of liquid medication, make sure to follow these steps to ensure you give your child the accurate dose:
- Use an accurate weight for your child
- Give the dose for your child's weight
- Use the oral syringe that came with your medication to measure the medication. Do not use a household spoon to measure medication. Using a spoon will not give you the accurate amount of medication.
- Write down the time you gave the dose so you don't give another dose too quickly
- Ask your health care provider if you have any questions or if you are dosing a child younger than 2
Review Date: April 26, 2016
April 26, 2016