Many Dementia Patients Were Never Screened
Getting early treatment for dementia can improve patients' health. Many people, however, aren't getting screened for the disorder in the first place.
High Blood Pressure May Prompt Mental Decline
High blood pressure affects 1 in 3 US adults and is tied to an increased risk of stroke, heart attack and other serious conditions, reports the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI). But high blood pressure in midlife may also forecast mental decline later.
Stress and Personality May Predict Dementia in Women
A moody and high-stress lifestyle in midlife, particularly coupled with prolonged periods of distress, might do more than affect how a woman feels day-to-day. It could also play a part in the development Alzheimer's disease.
Anxiety Treatment May Lead to Alzheimer's Later
Anti-anxiety medicines can be helpful treatments for the short term. But new research found that they may also be risky.
Vitamin D May Lower Alzheimer's Risk
Alzheimer's disease is often thought of as a part of aging, but it may not have to be. New research suggests a certain vitamin may help prevent the disease.
Memory-Loss Concerns Could Indicate Dementia Onset
Mild cognitive impairment and memory loss concerns are known risk factors for Alzheimer’s dementia. Until recently, however, the link between Alzheimer’s dementia, early memory concerns and impairment of memory performance had not been thoroughly explored.
Fish Oil May Prevent Cognitive Decline
Activities like walking or doing mental puzzles are often associated with preventing cognitive decline. Taking a fish oil supplement may also be one of those activities.
Staying Active May Lower Alzheimer's Risk
Alzheimer’s disease and the memory loss and behavioral changes that come with it can take a major toll on patients and their families. Unfortunately, the number of Alzheimer's cases continues to rise with the growing elderly population.
Occupation, Education and Genes Predicted Mental Clarity
As people age, there are sometimes impacts on memory, communication and other mental faculties. But could choices we make throughout life ultimately delay the onset of those conditions?
Lifestyle Linked to Memory Issues, Even for Younger Adults
While there are ways to ease symptoms of Alzheimer's disease, there are no treatments to stop the disease itself. For that reason, many doctors and researchers have shifted their focus to finding ways to prevent the disease.
- Aricept (7) Apply Aricept filter
- Exelon (4) Apply Exelon filter
- Namenda (4) Apply Namenda filter
- Ativan (1) Apply Ativan filter
- Crestor (1) Apply Crestor filter
- Depakote (1) Apply Depakote filter
- Keppra (1) Apply Keppra filter
- Klonopin (1) Apply Klonopin filter
- Lipitor (1) Apply Lipitor filter
- Risperdal Consta (1) Apply Risperdal Consta filter
- Valium (1) Apply Valium filter
- Xanax (1) Apply Xanax filter
- Zocor (1) Apply Zocor filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- (-) Remove Dementia filter Dementia
- Depression (10) Apply Depression filter
- Sleep Disorders (4) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Anxiety Disorders (3) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Emotional Health (3) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Stress (3) Apply Stress filter
- Suicide Prevention (1) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (1) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- (-) Remove Neuromuscular Disease filter Neuromuscular Disease
- (-) Remove Alzheimers Disease filter Alzheimers Disease
- Parkinsons Disease (5) Apply Parkinsons Disease filter
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (1) Apply Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis filter
- Epilepsy Seizure Disorders (1) Apply Epilepsy Seizure Disorders filter
- Huntingtons Disease (1) Apply Huntingtons Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (17) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Cardiovascular (16) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Hypertension (7) Apply Hypertension filter
- Stroke (4) Apply Stroke filter
- High Cholesterol (3) Apply High Cholesterol filter
- Atrial Fibrillation (2) Apply Atrial Fibrillation filter
- Atherosclerosis (1) Apply Atherosclerosis filter
- Congestive Heart Failure (1) Apply Congestive Heart Failure filter
- Heart Attack (1) Apply Heart Attack filter
- Womens Health (7) Apply Womens Health filter
- Patient Safety Education (5) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Trauma (5) Apply Trauma filter
- Diabetes (4) Apply Diabetes filter
- Mens Health (3) Apply Mens Health filter
- Cancer (2) Apply Cancer filter
- Infectious Disease (2) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (2) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Incontinence (1) Apply Incontinence filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (1) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health