Low-Carb, High-Fat Diet May Trim Epileptic Seizures
Medication can keep many adults with epilepsy from having seizures. For some, though, medication doesn't work. But new research suggests that diets low in carbs and high in fat may help.
Dangers of Drinking Too Much Alcohol
Binge drinking, especially over the course of several years, can come with severe health consequences. Here’s a list of some of the consequences of drinking too much alcohol.
Working Out Now to Help the Brain Later
The benefits to exercising can be immediate. More energy and better sleep are two. While fitness has immediate effects on the body now, fitness as a young adult can also impact the body down the line, particularly where the brain is concerned.
New View of Vitamin C
Vitamin C has long been touted as a super antioxidant. Maybe you've even taken some at the first sign of cold. Now scientists are finding that vitamin C offers a surprising benefit.
Sick and Abused
According to a study by Swedish researchers, children who are chronically ill are much more likely than healthy children to be victims of physical abuse.
- (-) Remove Healthy Eating and Diet filter Healthy Eating and Diet
- (-) Remove Neuromuscular Disease filter Neuromuscular Disease
- Mental Health (2) Apply Mental Health filter
- Pediatrics (2) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Cancer (1) Apply Cancer filter
- Cardiovascular (1) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (1) Apply Diabetes filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Healthy Home (1) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Infectious Disease (1) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Mens Health (1) Apply Mens Health filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Patient Safety Education (1) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter