Knee Pain Not the Reason for Inactivity
Exercise is good for just about everyone, especially those with knee osteoarthritis. It can reduce knee pain and boost the ability to move. Unfortunately, arthritis patients may not be getting enough exercise.
Knee-d to Exercise
It's a balance to keep knees strong. The key is neither too much exercise nor too little.
Mind - Body Uplifted After Exercise
Exercise can play a key role in the treatment of osteoarthritis. However, the benefits of exercise may depend on a patient's physical and mental state.
A Workout For Better Mobility
Common knowledge says that exercise is good for the body and mind. How can exercise help people with mobility problems, like those living with Parkinson’s disease (PD)?
Keeping Active to Slow Alzheimer’s
An active lifestyle can keep you healthy. Staying active may also slow the loss of brain tissue that is linked to Alzheimer’s disease (AD). A recent study presented at conference found that the more calories elderly people burned doing physical activities, like yard work, the fewer brain cells they lost.
A Bone to Pick with Sitting Still
Being active has always been good for the bones of the young and old alike. But how does sitting still affect bones in kiddos? Teens are more likely to have lower bone mineral levels in parts of the body where they sit sedentary for long periods of time, a new study has found.
Work Your Bones Now for Strength Later
Sit ups for breakfast? Lazy bones as a child could make the body pay as a grown up. Adults may have greater knee cartilage and bone strength in their lower legs if they are more physically active as children.
Move Aside Milk, Alcohol May Help Bone Loss
While the apple can keep the doctor away, alcohol may help keep bones from going away. Researchers say if middle-aged women drink a glass or two of alcohol each day, their bones may be stronger.
Metabolic Risks Linked to Knee Arthritis
Metabolic syndrome is the name for a group of factors that boost the risk of heart disease and diabetes. Now, it seems metabolic syndrome may also be linked to the "wear-and-tear" of arthritis.
Health Care Costs Cut With Yoga
Many traditional treatments for chronic pain fail to bring significant relief, leaving patients encouraged to seek out alternative therapies like yoga. Studies show that yoga is affective for alleviating low back pain, but is it cost effective as well?
- (-) Remove Healthy Eating and Diet filter Healthy Eating and Diet
- (-) Remove Neuromuscular Disease filter Neuromuscular Disease
- Alzheimers Disease (33) Apply Alzheimers Disease filter
- Multiple Sclerosis (32) Apply Multiple Sclerosis filter
- Osteoarthritis (32) Apply Osteoarthritis filter
- Osteoporosis (25) Apply Osteoporosis filter
- Back Pain (9) Apply Back Pain filter
- Parkinsons Disease (9) Apply Parkinsons Disease filter
- Migraine Headaches (8) Apply Migraine Headaches filter
- Joint Replacement (6) Apply Joint Replacement filter
- Epilepsy Seizure Disorders (5) Apply Epilepsy Seizure Disorders filter
- Chronic Pain Conditions (4) Apply Chronic Pain Conditions filter
- Fibromyalgia (2) Apply Fibromyalgia filter
- Restless Legs Syndrome (2) Apply Restless Legs Syndrome filter
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (1) Apply Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis filter
- Huntingtons Disease (1) Apply Huntingtons Disease filter
- Muscular Dystrophy (1) Apply Muscular Dystrophy filter
- Mental Health (52) Apply Mental Health filter
- Dementia (17) Apply Dementia filter
- Depression (14) Apply Depression filter
- Addictions (7) Apply Addictions filter
- Sleep Disorders (7) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Stress (6) Apply Stress filter
- Anxiety Disorders (3) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Bipolar Disorder (3) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (1) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Borderline Personality Disorder (1) Apply Borderline Personality Disorder filter
- Emotional Health (1) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Cardiovascular (29) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (23) Apply Diabetes filter
- Rheumatic Disease (22) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Cancer (21) Apply Cancer filter
- Womens Health (16) Apply Womens Health filter
- Gastrointestinal (15) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (6) Apply Irritable Bowel Syndrome filter
- Constipation (4) Apply Constipation filter
- Lactose Intolerance Food Allergy (3) Apply Lactose Intolerance Food Allergy filter
- Dental Health (2) Apply Dental Health filter
- Liver Disease (2) Apply Liver Disease filter
- Celiac Disease (1) Apply Celiac Disease filter
- Crohns Disease (1) Apply Crohns Disease filter
- Diarrhea (1) Apply Diarrhea filter
- Infectious Disease (15) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Pediatrics (12) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (10) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Patient Safety Education (10) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Incontinence (7) Apply Incontinence filter
- Eye Disease (5) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Mens Health (5) Apply Mens Health filter
- Kidney Disease (4) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Pulmonary Disease (3) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Thyroid Disorders (3) Apply Thyroid Disorders filter
- Exercise (2) Apply Exercise filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Hematology (2) Apply Hematology filter
- Sexual Health (2) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (2) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Gout (1) Apply Gout filter
- Trauma (1) Apply Trauma filter