Diabetes Rx Kept Fatty Liver at Bay
A medication used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes may have the power to combat another common condition.
Metabolic Syndrome — A Cardiac Crystal Ball?
A new test may be able to predict whether a child is at risk of heart disease — long before he or she ever develops it.
Cirrhosis: Usually Preventable but Common
Cirrhosis of the liver may usually be preventable, but it may be more common than previously thought. Fortunately, patients can take simple steps to keep their livers in tip-top shape.
Beer: The Health Benefits and Consequences
Many Americans enjoy their alcohol, spending close to $99 billion every year on beer alone. Here’s a list of potential health benefits and consequences of beer consumption.
Foods that Boost Brain Power
A few changes to your diet may give your brain a boost!
Get Vaccinated, Stop the Spread of Hep B
There are a great deal of complications associated with diabetes. In order to prevent these complications, patients have to take special care of themselves, whether that means eating healthier or getting vaccinated.
Body Fat in Obese May Be Toxic
Some obese patients develop conditions such as heart disease and diabetes, while others manage to avoid such chronic diseases. That may be because all obesity is not the same.
Belly Fat Predicts Heart Disease
Not all fat is created equal, especially when it comes to men with excessive weight around the middle. Some with added belly fat may be at an increased risk of developing heart disease and other serious health problems.
Pine Tree Bark is as Big as its Bite
As many as 35 million adults in the U.S. may suffer with metabolic syndrome-- a group of risk factors including high blood pressure, obesity and high blood glucose levels.
- (-) Remove Diabetes filter Diabetes
- (-) Remove Gastrointestinal filter Gastrointestinal
- Cardiovascular (6) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (4) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Infectious Disease (4) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Cancer (3) Apply Cancer filter
- Mental Health (2) Apply Mental Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (2) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Rheumatic Disease (2) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gout (1) Apply Gout filter
- Incontinence (1) Apply Incontinence filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Mens Health (1) Apply Mens Health filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pediatrics (1) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter