Don't Miss Out — Rx Can Strengthen Men's Bones
Androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) for men with prostate cancer might make their bones weak. Fortunately, a common medication can make them strong again — if patients can get a prescription.
Medicines to Prevent Osteoporosis Fractures Were Effective
The risk of broken bones increases with age and is a major cause of disability and death in older people. But some treatments may prevent bone fractures.
Rx to Prevent Bone Loss May Have Other Benefits
Bisphosphonates are a class of medications commonly used to prevent bone loss and osteoporosis. Now, it seems these medications might have an additional benefit: protection against certain cancers.
Not Everyone Needs A Bone Density Scan
Detection of osteoporosis is important for treating and preventing bone fractures. But when it comes to bone density testing for osteoporosis, more isn’t always better.
Don't Fear the Fracture
Past studies have raised concerns that a type of osteoporosis drug may boost the risk of unusual bone fractures. Now research suggests this risk may be overstated.
9 Ways to Take Charge After Menopause
If you're in your 40s or 50s and you've gone a full year without a period, menopause is knocking on your door. Don't worry — it's a great time to fling open that door of opportunity.
The Bone Rx - Cancer Link
A class of drugs known as bisphosphonates has received some bad press lately. These drugs, used to strengthen bones and treat bone metastasis, are linked with a number of health conditions. The association with cancer has expanded.
Breaking News on Bone Drugs
They're designed to strengthen bones. This class of drugs known as bisphosphorates is also prescribed to cancer patients to treat excessive calcium in the blood. These drugs can actually increase the risks of unusual bone fractures.
No Bone Drug Better Than Another
Multiple myeloma is a cancer of the blood cells. It grows in the bone marrow, and can cause long bones like the thigh bone (femur) and bones in the spine to break. Drug therapy with a class of drugs can help to prevent these fractures.
Bone Rx may Break Uterine Cancer Risks
A certain class of drugs known as bisphosphonates is extremely helpful in boosting bone density. They are commonly prescribed to treat osteoporosis. An ongoing trial suggest these medications may offer additional benefits.
- (-) Remove Boniva filter Boniva
- (-) Remove Fosamax filter Fosamax
- Actonel (12) Apply Actonel filter
- Reclast (5) Apply Reclast filter
- Atelvia (3) Apply Atelvia filter
- Zometa (2) Apply Zometa filter
- Aredia (1) Apply Aredia filter
- Didronel (1) Apply Didronel filter
- Forteo (1) Apply Forteo filter
- Fosamax Plus D (1) Apply Fosamax Plus D filter
- Prolia (1) Apply Prolia filter
- Skelid (1) Apply Skelid filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (8) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Cancer (6) Apply Cancer filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (2) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Cardiovascular (1) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Hematology (1) Apply Hematology filter
- Mental Health (1) Apply Mental Health filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter