Statins Reduce More Than Cholesterol
Statins are effective and popular cholesterol-lowering medications. But they also have some possible side effects, including memory loss and high blood sugar. Now lower testosterone may join the list.
Statins Do and Don’t Impact Breast Cancer
Statins are drugs that help lower cholesterol. They’ve been around for decades. They’re cheap and they work. This common heart medicine may also have important anti-cancer qualities.
New Safety Concern for Cholesterol Meds
Some medications used to treat high cholesterol, like Lipitor or Caduet , were linked to some cases of myopathy , a muscle wasting disease.
RA Patients: Don't Quit Your Statins
When you stop taking a medication, your body can react poorly to the change. This may be the case for arthritis patients who stop taking a type of cholesterol-lowering drug.
Take a Liver Test Before Taking Statin Drugs
U.S. Food and Drug Administration officials have announced they will no longer recommend regular liver enzyme testing for patients taking one of several popular cholesterol-lowering drugs such as Lipitor ( atorvastatin ).
- (-) Remove Crestor filter Crestor
- (-) Remove Pravachol filter Pravachol
- Lipitor (13) Apply Lipitor filter
- Zocor (13) Apply Zocor filter
- Lescol (7) Apply Lescol filter
- Lescol XL (2) Apply Lescol XL filter
- Vytorin (2) Apply Vytorin filter
- Caduet (1) Apply Caduet filter
- Cialis (1) Apply Cialis filter
- Levitra (1) Apply Levitra filter
- Simvastatin (1) Apply Simvastatin filter
- Viagra (1) Apply Viagra filter
- Cardiovascular (14) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (3) Apply Diabetes filter
- Womens Health (2) Apply Womens Health filter
- Cancer (1) Apply Cancer filter
- Low Testosterone (1) Apply Low Testosterone filter
- Mens Health (1) Apply Mens Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (1) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Patient Safety Education (1) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter