This Rx Combo Might Protect Hearts After Menopause
Women have a higher risk of heart disease after menopause, but a combination therapy may reduce that risk.
Kidney Patients Who Need Statins Might Not Take Them
Two major health groups recommend statins for many patients with chronic kidney disease. But a new study found that many patients who should take statins didn't take them — even after a doctor recommended that they do so.
Cholesterol Rx May Be Lifesaver for Diabetes Patients
For those with Type 2 diabetes, heart disease is a major cause of death. Cholesterol-cutting statins, however, may help fight heart disease and prolong lives.
Debate Over Cholesterol Guidelines for Diabetes Patients
Last year, new guidelines on treating high cholesterol placed a focus on overall risk instead of specific cholesterol levels. Those recommendations set off a debate in the medical community. The controversy rages on.
Many Not Getting Statins When They May Benefit
People take statin medications to fight high cholesterol. While these medications also may help those with high heart risks but not high cholesterol, statins are not always prescribed to those patients.
Statin Users May Be Packing on the Pounds
Statins, the popular cholesterol-lowering medications, may be lulling people into a false sense of security. Statin users seem to be less concerned about overeating and gaining weight.
Cholesterol Rx May Give Men's Love Life a Lift
For older men with narrowing of arteries or other heart health risk factors, statins may be prescribed to lower cholesterol. The medication may add an unexpected boost in the bedroom as well.
Benefits of Cholesterol Rx Outweighed Diabetes Risk
Deciding how to treat a condition like high cholesterol can be tough, especially when some treatment options have been tied to an increased risk of other health problems.
Cholesterol Rx May Benefit Bypass Surgery
To reduce “bad” cholesterol, patients commonly take medications called statins. Receiving this treatment before bypass surgery may reduce the risk of post-surgery complications.
Cutting Amputation Risk with Statins
Patients with diabetes are at an increased risk of amputation (surgical removal of limb), heart disease and death, so the right treatment is critical.
- (-) Remove Lipitor filter Lipitor
- (-) Remove Pravachol filter Pravachol
- Zocor (15) Apply Zocor filter
- Crestor (13) Apply Crestor filter
- Lescol (7) Apply Lescol filter
- Lescol XL (3) Apply Lescol XL filter
- Vytorin (2) Apply Vytorin filter
- Caduet (1) Apply Caduet filter
- Cialis (1) Apply Cialis filter
- Levitra (1) Apply Levitra filter
- Simvastatin (1) Apply Simvastatin filter
- Viagra (1) Apply Viagra filter
- (-) Remove Cardiovascular filter Cardiovascular
- Diabetes (3) Apply Diabetes filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (2) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Low Testosterone (1) Apply Low Testosterone filter
- Mens Health (1) Apply Mens Health filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Patient Safety Education (1) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter