An Antibiotic Benefit for Childhood Leukemia
For kids with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), bacterial infections can cause dangerous complications. But a new treatment option may be able to help.
New Help for Kids with Rare Blood Disorder
Children with a rare blood disorder may soon get new help in the form of a pill.
What Babies Eat May Affect Leukemia Risk
Childhood cancer is rare, but it is still a leading health threat to children and adolescents — surpassed only by accidents. However, babies who are breastfed may be at a lower risk for developing one type of blood cancer in childhood.
Modified Gene Therapy May Help Children With SCID
Children with SCID have a hard time fighting infections, and, sometimes, treatment for their disease makes them even sicker. But a new therapy for these kids has shown good results in fighting SCID and may prevent one serious side effect of treatment.
Many Minority Kids With Cancer Missed Needed Medication
Children in remission from leukemia, the most common childhood cancer, need to take a certain medication to keep the cancer from coming back. But some of these children are not receiving all the medication they need.
Why Childhood Cancer Survival Rates Have Increased
With increasing survival rates for many types of childhood cancers, some of these cancers are approaching cures. Several key events have made this possible.
When Babies Don't Get Vitamin K
The more that has been learned about the first few days of a baby's life, the more doctors understand about how to keep newborns healthy. But parents are partners in treatment too.
Iron Supplements for Children Found Beneficial
When children's bodies do not have enough iron, it may contribute to the risk for a disorder called anemia. But does receiving iron supplements reduce this risk?
Living High, Living Dangerously with Anemia
The higher you are in the world, the thinner the air is. Higher altitudes mean it's more difficult to breathe and gain the oxygen your body needs.
Completely New Way to Treat Childhood Cancer
Scientists have entered a brave new world when it comes to treating childhood leukemia. New therapies now being tested may completely change the way one type of blood cancer is treated in children.
- (-) Remove Hematology filter Hematology
- (-) Remove Pediatrics filter Pediatrics
- Cancer (8) Apply Cancer filter
- Infectious Disease (3) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Baby (2) Apply Baby filter
- Cardiovascular (2) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Patient Safety Education (2) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Womens Health (2) Apply Womens Health filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Mental Health (1) Apply Mental Health filter