Mentally Managing a Child's Illness
A child with a chronic illness can present a variety of hardships in a family. However, seeking therapy can reduce the mental health challenges these families face.
Mask Your Kid's Asthma
For people with environmental allergies, the air they breathe can trigger reactions – even during sleep. Hypoallergenic mattress and pillow covers work for some but not all.
From Wheeze to Clot
People with asthma know that they need to be on alert for asthma attacks to make sure they get the treatment they need. A recent study showed that they may also need to look out for signs of blood clots.
Quick Fix Isn't Best for Asthma
Uncontrolled asthma is a huge problem, despite the availability of effective treatments. Some patients may be using "quick fixes" to treat asthma instead of more long-term solutions.
No Toys in the Mouth!
Phthalates are substances used to make plastic more flexible. They are contained in a number of items from personal care products like shampoo to flooring, electrical cords and toys.
Cockroaches and Air Pollution Shouldn't Mix
Most people try to steer clear of cockroaches. For children, however, avoiding these large, brown creepy crawlers is especially important.
Depression Makes Asthma Worse
Mental health can often affect many different aspects of life, including physical health. New research suggests that older adults with asthma may have more asthma-related issues when they are depressed.
Adult Asthma and Aging
Asthma can be difficult to control at any time of life. New research suggests, however, that older adults living with asthma may have more health issues as they age than younger adults with asthma.
Where There's Smoke There's Worse Asthma
One of the worst things a person with asthma can do is smoke, or even be around tobacco smoke. Fortunately, fewer asthmatic kids are smoking or are around secondhand smoke.
Baby, Eat Your Oats!
Some parents may look for ways to prevent their children from developing asthma and allergies. Many experts have recommended exclusive breastfeeding for several months before introducing other foods.
- Pulmicort Respules (5) Apply Pulmicort Respules filter
- Flovent (4) Apply Flovent filter
- Proventil HFA (3) Apply Proventil HFA filter
- Advair (2) Apply Advair filter
- Ventolin HFA (2) Apply Ventolin HFA filter
- Adderall (1) Apply Adderall filter
- Asmanex (1) Apply Asmanex filter
- Combivent (1) Apply Combivent filter
- Concerta (1) Apply Concerta filter
- Montelukast (1) Apply Montelukast filter
- Prevacid (1) Apply Prevacid filter
- ProAir HFA (1) Apply ProAir HFA filter
- Singulair (1) Apply Singulair filter
- Symbicort (1) Apply Symbicort filter
- Vyvanse (1) Apply Vyvanse filter
- Xolair (1) Apply Xolair filter
- (-) Remove Pulmonary Disease filter Pulmonary Disease
- Pediatrics (58) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Allergies (44) Apply Allergies filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (25) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Womens Health (20) Apply Womens Health filter
- Mental Health (19) Apply Mental Health filter
- Addictions (7) Apply Addictions filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (4) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Child Disorders (4) Apply Child Disorders filter
- Depression (4) Apply Depression filter
- Emotional Health (2) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Anxiety Disorders (1) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Bipolar Disorder (1) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Sleep Disorders (1) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Stress (1) Apply Stress filter
- Violence Prevention (1) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (14) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Mens Health (12) Apply Mens Health filter
- Patient Safety Education (8) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Cardiovascular (7) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Infectious Disease (7) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Dermatology (6) Apply Dermatology filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (6) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Healthy Home (5) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Rheumatic Disease (5) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Baby (4) Apply Baby filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (4) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Diabetes (3) Apply Diabetes filter
- Gastrointestinal (3) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Cancer (2) Apply Cancer filter
- Hematology (2) Apply Hematology filter
- Exercise (1) Apply Exercise filter