What's Good for Diabetes May Be Good for the Heart
For those with type 2 diabetes, keeping blood sugar levels under control can seem like walking a tightrope. But that delicate balancing act may benefit more than just blood sugar.
How Your Breakfast Might Affect Your Blood Sugar
There may be more to healthy eating than vitamins, minerals, and fat and sugar content. How much you eat and when could have an effect on your blood sugar, too.
Too Much of a Good Thing: Some Diabetes Patients Overtreated
Like Goldilocks and her porridge, people with diabetes need their blood sugar "just right." In some cases, though, diabetes treatment for older adults with other health problems can be overly strict, which may cause blood sugar problems.
Diabetes Rx May Be Safe for Kidney Patients
There’s new hope for people who have both diabetes and kidney disease.
Diabetes Rx Does Not Help Heart Attack Patients
For those with diabetes, metformin not only helps to control blood sugar, but it may also boost heart health. The cardiovascular benefit, however, may not extend to those without diabetes.
Diabetes Dual Therapy May Help Blood Sugar Control
Combination therapy using two different types of diabetes medication can effectively control blood sugar. New research confirms that adding vildagliptin to metformin can be a beneficial mix.
Popular Diabetes Rx May Not Cut Bladder Cancer Risk
Widely given to patients with type 2 diabetes, metformin has been linked to reducing the risk for many types of cancers. The medication, however, may not be effective against one certain cancer.
Diabetes Medications May Impact Cancer Risks
People with type 2 diabetes have higher cancer risks than the general population. The link may have to do with how diabetes affects the metabolism. Diabetes medications may also figure into the equation.
Trends in Treating Diabetes
Diabetes is a big problem in the US — and thus, it is a big focus of doctors, researchers and pharmaceutical companies alike. New medications and developments alter how diabetes is treated.
Diabetes-Free Hearts Not Helped by Metformin
The most widely prescribed medication for diabetes, metformin, also has heart health benefits for diabetes patients. For those without diabetes, however, its effects on the heart may be limited.
- (-) Remove Glucophage filter Glucophage
- Glucophage XR (11) Apply Glucophage XR filter
- Metformin (5) Apply Metformin filter
- Actos (4) Apply Actos filter
- Avandia (2) Apply Avandia filter
- Januvia (2) Apply Januvia filter
- Avandamet (1) Apply Avandamet filter
- Byetta (1) Apply Byetta filter
- Crestor (1) Apply Crestor filter
- Invokana (1) Apply Invokana filter
- Kazano (1) Apply Kazano filter
- Lantus (1) Apply Lantus filter
- Levemir (1) Apply Levemir filter
- Lipitor (1) Apply Lipitor filter
- Nesina (1) Apply Nesina filter
- Onglyza (1) Apply Onglyza filter
- Oseni (1) Apply Oseni filter
- Tradjenta (1) Apply Tradjenta filter
- Victoza (1) Apply Victoza filter
- Zocor (1) Apply Zocor filter