Anxiety DisordersInfo Center
Sleep Better, Fear the Night Less
Dealing with a mental health issue like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) can be challenging. Yet treating other health issues can sometimes help relieve PTSD symptoms too.
Anxiety Therapy Options for Seniors
Long-term anxiety can eat away at a person’s physical and mental health. Seniors with anxiety may find relief through a couple of different treatment options.
PTSD After Having A Stroke
Having a stroke can be a traumatic event in a person’s life. There may even be a risk for developing post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) after having a stroke.
PTSD Can Hide and Wait
There are no hard and fast rules about the timing of PTSD, or post-traumatic stress disorder. While some people may experience symptoms right after the trauma, others may have a longer delay.
High Anxiety About Being Cancer-Free
The depression that may accompany a potentially life-threatening disease often disappears when a cancer patient's illness goes into remission. But, instead of being depressed, many long-term cancer survivors develop anxiety over whether the illness will return, a new study says.
Poor Sleep May Trigger Heart Attacks
For heart attack patients, getting post-traumatic stress disorder is fairly common. Those with PTSD are also likely to have another cardiac event, and sleep troubles may play a role.
College Health 101: Depression & Anxiety
College may be an emotionally exciting and challenging time for students. But if these challenges prove overwhelming, students should seek help for any mental health issues they experience.
Share Pain to Heal from Natural Disasters
Natural disasters can strike any time anywhere. For those who will develop emotional issues in the aftermath, coping strategies can be important, especially if people lack other resources.
What Happens After Disaster Strikes?
When a natural disaster strikes, it's hard to predict how different individuals involved will be affected. Some may develop PTSD but recover, and others develop more resilience.
Turn It Up To Tune Stress Out
Hospitals can be chaotic. Critically ill patients may have less anxiety and need fewer sedatives if they’re allowed to listen to their own choice of music through headphones.
- Lexapro (6) Apply Lexapro filter
- Prozac (6) Apply Prozac filter
- Celexa (5) Apply Celexa filter
- Paxil (4) Apply Paxil filter
- Zoloft (3) Apply Zoloft filter
- Fluoxetine (2) Apply Fluoxetine filter
- Klonopin (2) Apply Klonopin filter
- Wellbutrin XL (2) Apply Wellbutrin XL filter
- Abilify (1) Apply Abilify filter
- Actos (1) Apply Actos filter
- Ambien (1) Apply Ambien filter
- Cimzia (1) Apply Cimzia filter
- Citalopram (1) Apply Citalopram filter
- Cymbalta (1) Apply Cymbalta filter
- Effexor (1) Apply Effexor filter
- Enbrel (1) Apply Enbrel filter
- Escitalopram (1) Apply Escitalopram filter
- Humira (1) Apply Humira filter
- Lunesta (1) Apply Lunesta filter
- OxyContin (1) Apply OxyContin filter
- Paroxetine (1) Apply Paroxetine filter
- Remeron (1) Apply Remeron filter
- Remicade (1) Apply Remicade filter
- Risperdal Consta (1) Apply Risperdal Consta filter
- Seroquel (1) Apply Seroquel filter
- Sertraline (1) Apply Sertraline filter
- Simponi (1) Apply Simponi filter
- Valium (1) Apply Valium filter
- Venlafaxine (1) Apply Venlafaxine filter
- Wellbutrin (1) Apply Wellbutrin filter
- Xanax (1) Apply Xanax filter