How was your experience with Acetylcysteine?
Acetylcysteine Cautionary Labels
Uses of Acetylcysteine
Acetylcysteine is used in the treatment of:
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Drug Toxicity
- Pulmonary Emphysema
- Respiratory Distress Syndrome, Adult
Acetylcysteine is used in the prevention of:
- Kidney Tubular Necrosis, Acute
- Postoperative Complications
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Acetylcysteine Brand Names
Acetylcysteine Drug Class
Acetylcysteine is part of the drug class:
This is not a complete list of Acetylcysteinedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Acetylcysteine and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Acetylcysteine falls into category B:
There are no well-done studies that have been done in humans with Acetylcysteine. But in animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication, and the babies did not show any medical issues related to this medication.
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given Acetylcysteine, and some babies had problems. But in human studies, pregnant women were given this medication and their babies did not have any problems related to this medication.
Take acetylcysteine exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Acetylcysteine dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Acetylcysteine is available in the following doses:
- Acetylcysteine 10% Inhalation Solution
- Acetylcysteine 20% Inhalation Solution
- Acetylcysteine 20% Intravenous Solution
- Acetylcysteine 500 Mg Oral Tablet
- Acetylcysteine 600 Mg Oral Capsule
- Acetylcysteine Compounding Powder
- Multivitamin Vitamin B12, Folate, And Acetylcysteine Oral Tablet
Forms of Medication
Acetylcysteine is available in the following forms:
- Extended Release Capsule
- Inhalant Solution
- Injectable Solution
- Ophthalmic Solution
- Oral Capsule
- Oral Tablet