The Impact of Brain Injuries
Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) with loss of consciousness may have a long-term impact on neurological health, a new study found.
Antipsychotics for Parkinson's: The Problem
Physicians commonly prescribe antipsychotic drugs to treat psychosis associated with Parkinson's. However, a new study published in JAMA Neurology suggests that these drugs may be causing additional harm.
An Old Drug with New Tricks
Parkinson’s disease has long been in the public eye, partly due to efforts by affected celebrities like Michael J. Fox. But a cure remains elusive. However, an unexpected treatment may improve some of the disease’s most debilitating symptoms.
NFL Players’ Brain Disease Risk Triple
The NFL season kicked off September 5. The same day, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a special report about NFL players' deaths from brain diseases.
A Boxing Match in the Sack?
A little unconscious kick or punch from a partner during sleep isn't too bad, but if nighttime feels like a boxing match, a rare and serious sleep disorder may be to blame.
Sleep Disorder Linked to Parkinsons Disease
Rapid eye movement sleep behavior disorder ( RBD ) occurs when people act out dreams. Diagnosis of RBD may increase the risk of developing Parkinson’s or mild cognitive impairment.
New Genetic Clues About Rare Brain Disorder
Progressive supranuclear palsy is a rare and devastating disease with no known treatments. New genetic clues could provide new insights into neurodegenerative therapies.
The (Neuro)-Logical Next Step
A study from Loyola University suggests that neurological disorders like epilepsy and dementia are on the rise, but new therapies could soon be formed with the help of diagnostic tests and stem cell research.
Emergency: Why Am I Here?
When admitted to a hospital emergency department, elderly patients who suffer from dementia and delirium often do not understand why they are there. They also tend to not understand ER discharge instructions.
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- (-) Remove Neuromuscular Disease filter Neuromuscular Disease
- (-) Remove Parkinsons Disease filter Parkinsons Disease
- Alzheimers Disease (5) Apply Alzheimers Disease filter
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (1) Apply Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis filter
- Epilepsy Seizure Disorders (1) Apply Epilepsy Seizure Disorders filter
- Huntingtons Disease (1) Apply Huntingtons Disease filter
- Cardiovascular (1) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Infectious Disease (1) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (1) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Trauma (1) Apply Trauma filter