For Teens, Paroxetine Might Pose Problems
Sometimes a second look shows a whole different picture. At least that was the case with a depression medication called paroxetine (brand names Aropax, Paxil, Seroxat).
For Menopausal Women, Rx May Up Fracture Risk
Women going through menopause may take antidepressants to help treat mood swings and hot flashes. These medications, however, may up women's risk of injury.
Fighting the Blues Was a Winning Battle
When a period of feeling blue gets worse or doesn't go away, you may be depressed. Getting effective treatment can be the key to your recovery.
Some Antidepressants Led to Less Weight Gain
Taking any medication means potentially experiencing its possible side effects. Concern about antidepressants' side effects may prevent some individuals from taking them.
When the Season Brings the Blues
Wintertime is a time of gift-giving and festive holidays, when joy is supposed to ring through the air like the jingles of Salvation Army bell ringers. So why do you feel so sad?
Taking Antidepressants When the Baby's Due
Women who have anxiety or depression have important decisions to make about their medications when they are pregnant. Though these medications may carry some risks, not taking them has risks too.
Can SSRI’s Help Recovery From Stroke?
Antidepressants can be very helpful for people with depression. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors ( SSRIs ), a type of antidepressant, may help people recover from a stroke.
Another Puzzle Piece for Expectant Moms
Untreated mental disorders are linked to newborn complications in pregnant women. But taking psychiatric medication has risks too. Again, the old question: What, then, to do?
Feeling Blue… While Pregnant
Pregnant women with depression have tough choices to make. Do they treat the depression with medication or skip the meds? How might either choice affect their baby?
What Should You Take When Pregnant?
The small amount of evidence available about medications and pregnancy makes it tough for women to make informed decisions. Fortunately, researchers are learning more all the time.
- (-) Remove Paxil filter Paxil
- Prozac (15) Apply Prozac filter
- Lexapro (14) Apply Lexapro filter
- Celexa (12) Apply Celexa filter
- Zoloft (11) Apply Zoloft filter
- Effexor (5) Apply Effexor filter
- Wellbutrin XL (3) Apply Wellbutrin XL filter
- Cymbalta (2) Apply Cymbalta filter
- Wellbutrin (2) Apply Wellbutrin filter
- Remeron (1) Apply Remeron filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (8) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Womens Health (5) Apply Womens Health filter
- Pediatrics (3) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Cardiovascular (2) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Patient Safety Education (1) Apply Patient Safety Education filter