Depression Medicines May Affect Weight Gain
Antidepressants affect the moods of countless people with depression around the world. But they may also affect their waistlines.
Some Antidepressants Led to Less Weight Gain
Taking any medication means potentially experiencing its possible side effects. Concern about antidepressants' side effects may prevent some individuals from taking them.
Generic Depression Drug Pulled
The generic versions of brand name drugs are only approved for use if they are chemically identical to the brand name drug. But a generic of Wellbutrin differs too much.
Antidepressants and Pregnancy: A Trade Off
Expectant mothers with depression or anxiety may debate whether to continue or cease taking their mood meds during pregnancy, and it appears their babies are likely affected either way.
Nursing Home Falls Linked to Antidepressants
Depression is a very common diagnosis among the elderly, and nearly 1.6 million nursing home residents take some type of antidepressant. Unfortunately, some of these drugs seem to lead to an increased risk for falling.
- (-) Remove Wellbutrin XL filter Wellbutrin XL
- Celexa (3) Apply Celexa filter
- Effexor (2) Apply Effexor filter
- Lexapro (2) Apply Lexapro filter
- Paxil (2) Apply Paxil filter
- Prozac (2) Apply Prozac filter
- Wellbutrin (2) Apply Wellbutrin filter
- Cymbalta (1) Apply Cymbalta filter
- Remeron (1) Apply Remeron filter
- Zoloft (1) Apply Zoloft filter