How was your experience with Efalizumab?
Efalizumab Brand Names
Efalizumab may be found in some form under the following brand names:
Efalizumab Drug Class
Efalizumab is part of the drug class:
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your doctor if you take:
- BCG VACCINE/EFALIZUMAB
- EFALIZUMAB/INFLUENZA VIRUS,LIVE
- EFALIZUMAB/MEASLES VIRUS VACCINE,LIVE ATTENUATED
- EFALIZUMAB/MEASLES/MUMPS/RUBELLA VIRUS VACCINE,LIVE
- EFALIZUMAB/MEASLES/RUBELLA VIRUS VACCINE,LIVE
- EFALIZUMAB/MUMPS VIRUS VACCINE,LIVE
- EFALIZUMAB/MUMPS/RUBELLA VIRUS VACCINE,LIVE
- EFALIZUMAB/POLIOVIRUS VACCINE LIVE
- EFALIZUMAB/RUBELLA VIRUS VACCINE,LIVE
- EFALIZUMAB/STRONTIUM-89 CHLORIDE
- EFALIZUMAB/TOPOTECAN HYDROCHLORIDE
- EFALIZUMAB/TYPHOID VACCINE LIVE
- EFALIZUMAB/VARICELLA VIRUS VACCINE,LIVE
- EFALIZUMAB/YELLOW FEVER VACCINE
- EFALIZUMAB/ZOSTER VACCINE LIVE (OKA/MERCK)
This is not a complete list of Efalizumabdrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Efalizumab and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Efalizumab falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Efalizumab should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Efalizumab should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Take efalizumab exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Efalizumab dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Efalizumab is available in the following doses:
- Efalizumab 125 Mg Subcutaneous Powder For Injection
Forms of Medication
Efalizumab is available in the following forms:
- Injectable Solution