How was your experience with Iodine?
Uses of Iodine
Iodine is used in the treatment of:
- Leg Ulcer
- Radiation Injuries
- Staphylococcal Infections
Iodine is used in the prevention of:
- Surgical Wound Infection
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Iodine Brand Names
Iodine may be found in some form under the following brand names:
Iodine Drug Class
Iodine is part of the drug class:
This is not a complete list of Iodinedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Iodine and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Iodine falls into category D:
It has been shown that use of Iodine in pregnant women caused some babies to be born with problems. However, in some serious situations, the benefit of using this medication may be greater than the risk of harm to the baby.
Take iodine exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Iodine dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Iodine is available in the following doses:
- Iodine Topical 0.9% Topical Gel
- Iodine Topical 0.9% Topical Pad
- Iodine Topical 2% Topical Liquid
- Iodine Topical 2% Topical Tincture
- Iodine Topical 5%-10% Topical Solution
- Iodine Topical 7% Topical Tincture
- Iodine Topical Compounding Powder
- Iodine-potassium Iodide 5%-10% Oral And Topical Solution
- Sodium Iodide 5%-10% Oral Liquid
Forms of Medication
Iodine is available in the following forms:
- Oral Capsule
- Oral Solution
- Oral Tablet
- Topical Gel
- Topical Ointment
- Topical Solution
- Topical Spray