How was your experience with Isoprenaline?
Uses of Isoprenaline
Isoprenaline is used in the treatment of:
- Torsades de Pointes
- Ventricular Fibrillation
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Isoprenaline Brand Names
Isoprenaline Drug Class
Isoprenaline is part of the drug class:
This is not a complete list of Isoprenalinedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Isoprenaline and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Isoprenaline falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Isoprenaline should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Isoprenaline should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Take isoprenaline exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Isoprenaline dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Isoprenaline is available in the following doses:
- Isoproterenol 0.02 Mg/ml Intravenous Solution
- Isoproterenol 0.08% Inhalation Aerosol
- Isoproterenol 0.08% Inhalation Aerosol With Adapter
- Isoproterenol 0.131 Mg/inh Inhalation Aerosol
- Isoproterenol 0.2 Mg/ml Intravenous Solution
- Isoproterenol 0.25% Inhalation Solution
- Isoproterenol 0.5% Inhalation Solution
- Isoproterenol 1% Inhalation Solution
- Isoproterenol Hydrochloride Compounding Powder
- Isoproterenol Sulfate Compounding Powder
Forms of Medication
Isoprenaline is available in the following forms:
- Inhalant Solution
- Injectable Solution
- Metered Dose Inhaler
- Oral Solution
- Sublingual Tablet