How was your experience with Phenolphthalein?
Phenolphthalein Brand Names
Phenolphthalein may be found in some form under the following brand names:
Phenolphthalein Drug Class
Phenolphthalein is part of the drug class:
This is not a complete list of Phenolphthaleindrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Phenolphthalein and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Phenolphthalein falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Phenolphthalein should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Phenolphthalein should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Take phenolphthalein exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Phenolphthalein dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Phenolphthalein is available in the following doses:
- Cascara Sagrada-phenolphthalein 50 Mg-32.4 Mg Oral Tablet
- Docusate-phenolphthalein 100 Mg-65 Mg Oral Tablet
- Docusate-phenolphthalein 230 Mg-130 Mg Oral Capsule
- Docusate-phenolphthalein 60 Mg-65 Mg Oral Capsule
- Docusate-phenolphthalein 75 Mg-65 Mg Oral Tablet
- Mineral Oil-phenolphthalein 4.2 G-150 Mg/15 Ml Oral Liquid
- Mineral Oil-phenolphthalein 4.2%-0.2% Oral Liquid
- Phenolphthalein 120 Mg Oral Tablet, Chewable
- Phenolphthalein 130 Mg Oral Tablet
- Phenolphthalein 135 Mg Oral Tablet
- Phenolphthalein 15 Mg/5 Ml Oral Liquid
- Phenolphthalein 60 Mg Oral Tablet
- Phenolphthalein 64.8 Mg Oral Wafer
- Phenolphthalein 90 Mg Oral Tablet
- Phenolphthalein 97.2 Mg Oral Tablet
- Phenolphthalein Compounding Powder
Forms of Medication
Phenolphthalein is available in the following forms:
- Chewing Gum
- Oral Capsule
- Oral Solution
- Oral Tablet