How was your experience with Procainamide?
Uses of Procainamide
Procainamide is used in the treatment of:
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Atrial Flutter
- Tachycardia, Supraventricular
- Tachycardia, Ventricular
- Ventricular Premature Complexes
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Procainamide Brand Names
Procainamide Drug Class
Procainamide is part of the drug class:
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your doctor if you take:
- NALIDIXIC ACID/PROCAINAMIDE
- PROCAINAMIDE/QUETIAPINE FUMARATE
- PROCAINAMIDE/TOREMIFENE CITRATE
This is not a complete list of Procainamidedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Procainamide and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Procainamide falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Procainamide should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Procainamide should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Take procainamide exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Procainamide dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Procainamide is available in the following doses:
- Procainamide 100 Mg/ml Injectable Solution
- Procainamide 1000 Mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release
- Procainamide 1000 Mg/12 Hours Oral Tablet, Extended Release
- Procainamide 250 Mg Oral Capsule
- Procainamide 250 Mg Oral Tablet
- Procainamide 250 Mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release
- Procainamide 375 Mg Oral Capsule
- Procainamide 375 Mg Oral Tablet
- Procainamide 500 Mg Oral Capsule
- Procainamide 500 Mg Oral Tablet
- Procainamide 500 Mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release
- Procainamide 500 Mg/12 Hours Oral Tablet, Extended Release
- Procainamide 500 Mg/ml Injectable Solution
- Procainamide 750 Mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release
- Procainamide Compounding Powder
Forms of Medication
Procainamide is available in the following forms:
- Extended Release Tablet
- Injectable Solution
- Oral Capsule
- Oral Tablet