Patient Ratings for Sibutramine
How was your experience with Sibutramine?
Uses of Sibutramine
Sibutramine is used in the treatment of:
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Sibutramine Brand Names
Sibutramine may be found in some form under the following brand names:
Sibutramine Drug Class
Sibutramine is part of the drug class:
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your doctor if you take:
- ALMOTRIPTAN/SIBUTRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE
- CITALOPRAM/SIBUTRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE
- DESVENLAFAXINE/SIBUTRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE
- ELETRIPTAN/SIBUTRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE
- ERGOT/SIBUTRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE
- ESCITALOPRAM OXALATE/SIBUTRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE
- FLUOXETINE/SIBUTRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE
- FLUVOXAMINE MALEATE/SIBUTRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE
- FROVATRIPTAN/SIBUTRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE
- ISOCARBOXAZID/SIBUTRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE
- LINEZOLID/SIBUTRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE
- NARATRIPTAN HYDROCHLORIDE/SIBUTRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE
- NEFAZODONE/SIBUTRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE
- PAROXETINE/SIBUTRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE
- PHENELZINE/SIBUTRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE
- RIZATRIPTAN/SIBUTRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE
- SERTRALINE/SIBUTRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE
- SIBUTRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE/SUMATRIPTAN
- SIBUTRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE/TAPENTADOL
- SIBUTRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE/TRAMADOL HYDROCHLORIDE
- SIBUTRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE/TRANYLCYPROMINE
- SIBUTRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE/TRYPTOPHAN
- SIBUTRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE/VENLAFAXINE HYDROCHLORIDE
- SIBUTRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE/ZOLMITRIPTAN
This is not a complete list of Sibutraminedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Sibutramine and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Sibutramine falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Sibutramine should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Sibutramine should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Take sibutramine exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Sibutramine dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Sibutramine is available in the following doses:
- Sibutramine 10 Mg Oral Capsule
- Sibutramine 15 Mg Oral Capsule
- Sibutramine 5 Mg Oral Capsule
Forms of Medication
Sibutramine is available in the following forms:
- Oral Capsule