How was your experience with Suxamethonium?
Suxamethonium Brand Names
Suxamethonium Drug Class
Suxamethonium is part of the drug class:
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your doctor if you take:
This is not a complete list of Suxamethoniumdrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Suxamethonium and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Suxamethonium falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Suxamethonium should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Suxamethonium should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Take suxamethonium exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Suxamethonium dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Suxamethonium is available in the following doses:
- Succinylcholine 1 G Injectable Powder For Injection
- Succinylcholine 100 Mg/5 Ml-nacl 0.9% Intravenous Solution
- Succinylcholine 100 Mg/ml Injectable Solution
- Succinylcholine 20 Mg/ml Injectable Solution
- Succinylcholine 200 Mg/10 Ml-nacl 0.9% Intravenous Solution
- Succinylcholine 50 Mg/ml Injectable Solution
- Succinylcholine 500 Mg Injectable Powder For Injection
- Succinylcholine Compounding Powder
Forms of Medication
Suxamethonium is available in the following forms:
- Injectable Solution
- Oral Tablet
- Prefilled Syringe