Family History of Cerebral Palsy May Increase Risk in Children
Cerebral palsy is the most common cause of physical disability among children. Past studies have uncovered various risk factors for the condition, and new research suggests family may play a role in a child's risk for cerebral palsy.
It Might Be More Than Epilepsy
Epilepsy is a neurological condition in which individuals experience seizures. But often children with epilepsy have other health concerns as well.
Substance Abuse at School May Mean Other Problems
Although it's no secret that teens may experiment with alcohol or marijuana, more than 5 percent of them smoke pot or drink alcohol on school campuses.
When Anxiety Complicates ADHD
Children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder may also have other disorders, such as anxiety. It's important to understand how these disorders together affect children.
Autism Increasing and More Likely in White Males
Developmental disorders like autism and Asperger’s syndrome affect families around the world. Tracking cases is part of the clinical effort for better treatment options.
Connecting the Dots with Media and Well-Being
Limiting children's use of television is already one recommendation that pediatricians emphasize to parents. But what might it mean if kids use too much TV, computers or video games?
How Parents Use Cell Phones at Mealtime
Mobile phones have become an increasingly important and often demanding part of life today. But do they get in the way of parent and child interaction?
Acetaminophen During Pregnancy Might Affect Child's Behavior
Acetaminophen is the most common over-the-counter pain reliever in the United States, and is generally considered safe for pregnant women to use. A new study, however, showed that the medication may affect a child's behavioral development.
Predicting Anxiety Later On
Children with anxiety disorders are more likely to be adults with anxiety disorders. But what might stop that trend?
Increased Depression in Common Teen Disorders
Separately, ADHD and asthma each have been associated with mood disorders. Are patients with both ADHD and asthma at an even greater risk?
- Depakote (3) Apply Depakote filter
- Risperdal Consta (2) Apply Risperdal Consta filter
- Adderall (1) Apply Adderall filter
- Concerta (1) Apply Concerta filter
- Gralise (1) Apply Gralise filter
- Horizant (1) Apply Horizant filter
- Lamictal (1) Apply Lamictal filter
- Neurontin (1) Apply Neurontin filter
- Prozac (1) Apply Prozac filter
- Tegretol (1) Apply Tegretol filter
- Topamax (1) Apply Topamax filter
- Trileptal (1) Apply Trileptal filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- (-) Remove Child Disorders filter Child Disorders
- Emotional Health (33) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Depression (31) Apply Depression filter
- Anxiety Disorders (26) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (5) Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (4) Apply Obsessive Compulsive Disorder filter
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (2) Apply Generalized Anxiety Disorder filter
- Social Anxiety Disorder (2) Apply Social Anxiety Disorder filter
- Panic Disorder (1) Apply Panic Disorder filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (23) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Addictions (18) Apply Addictions filter
- Violence Prevention (16) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (15) Apply Autism Spectrum Disorders filter
- Stress (13) Apply Stress filter
- Suicide Prevention (10) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Bipolar Disorder (9) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Sleep Disorders (8) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder (5) Apply Attention Deficit Disorder filter
- Schizophrenia (3) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Eating Disorders (2) Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (2) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- Borderline Personality Disorder (1) Apply Borderline Personality Disorder filter
- Pediatrics (89) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (28) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (9) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (8) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (6) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Healthy Home (5) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Pulmonary Disease (4) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Baby (3) Apply Baby filter
- Patient Safety Education (3) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Cancer (2) Apply Cancer filter
- Cardiovascular (2) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Gastrointestinal (2) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Sexual Health (2) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Dermatology (1) Apply Dermatology filter
- Diabetes (1) Apply Diabetes filter
- Infectious Disease (1) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Mens Health (1) Apply Mens Health filter
- Trauma (1) Apply Trauma filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health