For Menopausal Women, Rx May Up Fracture Risk
Women going through menopause may take antidepressants to help treat mood swings and hot flashes. These medications, however, may up women's risk of injury.
Fighting the Blues Was a Winning Battle
When a period of feeling blue gets worse or doesn't go away, you may be depressed. Getting effective treatment can be the key to your recovery.
Some Antidepressants Led to Less Weight Gain
Taking any medication means potentially experiencing its possible side effects. Concern about antidepressants' side effects may prevent some individuals from taking them.
Taking Antidepressants When the Baby's Due
Women who have anxiety or depression have important decisions to make about their medications when they are pregnant. Though these medications may carry some risks, not taking them has risks too.
Antidepressants and the Heart
Last year, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warned that Celexa may affect heart function. So, researchers wanted to know if this was true for other types of antidepressants.
Another Puzzle Piece for Expectant Moms
Untreated mental disorders are linked to newborn complications in pregnant women. But taking psychiatric medication has risks too. Again, the old question: What, then, to do?
Feeling Blue… While Pregnant
Pregnant women with depression have tough choices to make. Do they treat the depression with medication or skip the meds? How might either choice affect their baby?
What Should You Take When Pregnant?
The small amount of evidence available about medications and pregnancy makes it tough for women to make informed decisions. Fortunately, researchers are learning more all the time.
At Risk for Stroke?
Taking any medication requires patients to balance the risks and benefits of the drug. But these vary by person because every person is unique. Antidepressants, for example, affect different people in different ways.
Baby Language Linked to Mom’s Mood
One of the concerns about taking antidepressants while pregnant is the possible effects on the baby. Surprisingly, these medications may help a baby's language development.
- (-) Remove Celexa filter Celexa
- (-) Remove Paxil filter Paxil
- Lexapro (14) Apply Lexapro filter
- Prozac (14) Apply Prozac filter
- Zoloft (10) Apply Zoloft filter
- Effexor (5) Apply Effexor filter
- Wellbutrin (3) Apply Wellbutrin filter
- Cymbalta (2) Apply Cymbalta filter
- Wellbutrin XL (2) Apply Wellbutrin XL filter
- Remeron (1) Apply Remeron filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (8) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Womens Health (4) Apply Womens Health filter
- Pediatrics (3) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Cardiovascular (2) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Patient Safety Education (1) Apply Patient Safety Education filter