A Hormone Therapy Benefit for Postmenopausal Women
Hormone therapy is often used to ease symptoms like hot flashes in postmenopausal women. But this practice may have another benefit.
Preventing Cancer with a Pill
They're proven to help prevent pregnancy, and new evidence suggests birth control pills may also prevent one type of cancer.
This Menopause Therapy Didn't Affect Death Risk
Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) has been a subject of controversy since past research linked it to health problems like cancer. New evidence, however, might clear up some concerns about this treatment.
Know the Risks of Your Uterine Fibroid Surgery
Not all patients face the same risks from the same surgeries. Such is likely the case with surgeries to remove benign uterine tumors.
What Coffee May Do for Women's Cancer Risk
Coffee drinkers of the world — the female coffee drinkers, that is — your morning cup of joe might just have some unexpected health benefits.
Ovarian Problem May Have Other Health Effects
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and infertility have been well-known dance partners for many years. Now new evidence suggests that PCOS is also dancing with a lot of other chronic health issues.
Bone Booster May Cut Cancer Risk
Women taking a bone-boosting medication might see a surprising result — a lower risk of a type of cancer.
Johnson and Johnson Asks Doctors to Return Morcellators
Earlier this year, Johnson & Johnson stopped selling a certain surgical device because it poses a risk of spreading a dangerous cancer in women. Now, the company is taking it one step further and asking doctors to return the device.
Hysterectomy Procedure May Have Added Risk
Many women choose to undergo morcellation when they get a hysterectomy, a minimally invasive procedure in which the uterus is divided into pieces and removed. However, for some women, the procedure may come with added risks.
Soy Not Protective Against Endometrial Cancer
Endometrial cancer is less common in Asian countries than in Western countries. A new study has found these lower rates don't seem to result from a specific food that Asian women eat.
- Actonel (2) Apply Actonel filter
- Boniva (2) Apply Boniva filter
- Fosamax (2) Apply Fosamax filter
- Alendronate (1) Apply Alendronate filter
- Aredia (1) Apply Aredia filter
- Crestor (1) Apply Crestor filter
- Lipitor (1) Apply Lipitor filter
- Reclast (1) Apply Reclast filter
- Zocor (1) Apply Zocor filter
- Zometa (1) Apply Zometa filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- (-) Remove Uterine Cancer filter Uterine Cancer
- Female Cancer (8) Apply Female Cancer filter
- Ovarian Cancer (7) Apply Ovarian Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (6) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Cervical Cancer (5) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Vulvar Cancer (2) Apply Vulvar Cancer filter
- Bladder Cancer (1) Apply Bladder Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (1) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- Womens Health (26) Apply Womens Health filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (6) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Cardiovascular (3) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (3) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Diabetes (2) Apply Diabetes filter
- Mental Health (1) Apply Mental Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (1) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (1) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer