How was your experience with Calcium Chloride?
Uses of Calcium Chloride
Calcium Chloride is used in the treatment of:
- Heart Arrest
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Calcium Chloride Brand Names
Calcium Chloride may be found in some form under the following brand names:
Calcium Chloride Drug Class
Calcium Chloride Interactions
This is not a complete list of Calcium Chloridedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Calcium Chloride and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Calcium Chloride falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Calcium Chloride should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Calcium Chloride should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Calcium Chloride Dosage
Take calcium chloride exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Calcium Chloride dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Calcium Chloride is available in the following doses:
- Calcium Chloride 100 Mg/ml Injectable Solution
- Calcium Chloride Compounding Powder
- Fibrin Sealant Topical 10 Ml Topical Kit
- Fibrin Sealant Topical 2 Ml Topical Kit
- Fibrin Sealant Topical 4 Ml Topical Kit
- Fibrin Sealant Topical Topical Solution
- Lvp Solution Icodextrin 7.5% With Electrolytes (extraneal) Intraperitoneal Solution
- Ophthalmic Irrigation, Intraocular Balanced Salt Solution Ophthalmic Solution
- Physiological Irrigating Solution Ringers Irrigation Solution
Forms of Medication
Calcium Chloride is available in the following forms:
- Injectable Solution
- Intraperitoneal Solution
- Irrigation Solution
- Ophthalmic Solution
- Prefilled Applicator
- Prefilled Syringe
- Topical Solution