High CholesterolInfo Center
Are You at Risk for Heart Disease?
Heart disease remains the leading cause of death in the US, but watching for certain risk factors may help give your heart a chance.
What Statins Might Do for Lung Surgery Patients
A common cholesterol medication may make lung surgery a little bit safer.
When High Cholesterol Goes Under the Radar
Heart disease is one of the biggest health problems in the United States. And when adults don't know they have risk factors for heart disease, the problem becomes harder to address. That may be the case with at least one group of people in the US.
Statins and Memory Loss? Forget About It
One lifesaving drug may have even fewer side effects than previously thought.
New Cholesterol Rx Under Consideration
If it gets an FDA nod of approval, a new drug could give patients with high cholesterol another treatment option — an option officials said appears to lower cholesterol more than current cholesterol drugs.
What's Good for Diabetes May Be Good for the Heart
For those with type 2 diabetes, keeping blood sugar levels under control can seem like walking a tightrope. But that delicate balancing act may benefit more than just blood sugar.
Common Syndrome May Boost Heart Risk
When the symptoms of metabolic syndrome combine, they can lead to heart disease or even death. But those with diabetes and high blood pressure may face the highest risk.
How a Cholesterol Rx Might Combat Prostate Cancer
Sometimes two medications may be better than one — at least when it comes to prostate cancer treatment.
Weighing the Benefits of Statins
Cholesterol medication can be lifesaving for older patients, but that doesn't mean taking it is risk-free.
How to Talk with Your Doctor About Statins
Heads or tails? Chocolate or vanilla? Life is full of decisions — even for doctors. A good discussion allows patients to share in the decision-making process for their health care.
- Lipitor (41) Apply Lipitor filter
- Crestor (32) Apply Crestor filter
- Zocor (28) Apply Zocor filter
- Pravachol (15) Apply Pravachol filter
- Lescol (9) Apply Lescol filter
- Vytorin (5) Apply Vytorin filter
- Lescol XL (4) Apply Lescol XL filter
- Zetia (4) Apply Zetia filter
- Simvastatin (3) Apply Simvastatin filter
- Januvia (2) Apply Januvia filter
- Liptruzet (2) Apply Liptruzet filter
- Plavix (2) Apply Plavix filter
- Trilipix (2) Apply Trilipix filter
- Viagra (2) Apply Viagra filter
- Caduet (1) Apply Caduet filter
- Cialis (1) Apply Cialis filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Enbrel (1) Apply Enbrel filter
- Glucophage (1) Apply Glucophage filter
- Glucophage XR (1) Apply Glucophage XR filter
- Humira (1) Apply Humira filter
- Hyzaar (1) Apply Hyzaar filter
- Levitra (1) Apply Levitra filter
- Niaspan (1) Apply Niaspan filter
- Remicade (1) Apply Remicade filter
- Tricor (1) Apply Tricor filter
- Welchol (1) Apply Welchol filter