Isosorbide dinitrate prevents chest pain associated with blockages in arteries of the heart. Do not take medication for erectile dysfunction while taking this medication.
Patient Ratings for Isosorbide Dinitrate
How was your experience with Isosorbide Dinitrate?
Uses of Isosorbide Dinitrate
Isosorbide Dinitrate is used in the treatment of:
- Coronary Disease
- Esophageal Spasm, Diffuse
- Gastroesophageal Reflux
- Heart Failure
Isosorbide Dinitrate is used in the prevention of:
- Angina Pectoris
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Isosorbide Dinitrate Brand Names
Isosorbide Dinitrate Drug Class
Isosorbide Dinitrate is part of the drug class:
Isosorbide Dinitrate Interactions
This is not a complete list of Isosorbide Dinitratedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Isosorbide Dinitrate and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Isosorbide Dinitrate falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Isosorbide Dinitrate should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Isosorbide Dinitrate should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Isosorbide Dinitrate Dosage
Take isosorbide dinitrate exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Isosorbide Dinitrate dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Isosorbide Dinitrate is available in the following doses:
- Hydralazine-isosorbide Dinitrate 37.5 Mg-20 Mg Oral Tablet
- Isosorbide Dinitrate 10 Mg Oral Tablet
- Isosorbide Dinitrate 10 Mg Oral Tablet, Chewable
- Isosorbide Dinitrate 10 Mg Sublingual Tablet
- Isosorbide Dinitrate 2.5 Mg Sublingual Tablet
- Isosorbide Dinitrate 20 Mg Oral Tablet
- Isosorbide Dinitrate 30 Mg Oral Tablet
- Isosorbide Dinitrate 40 Mg Oral Capsule, Extended Release
- Isosorbide Dinitrate 40 Mg Oral Tablet
- Isosorbide Dinitrate 40 Mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release
- Isosorbide Dinitrate 5 Mg Oral Tablet
- Isosorbide Dinitrate 5 Mg Oral Tablet, Chewable
- Isosorbide Dinitrate 5 Mg Sublingual Tablet
Forms of Medication
Isosorbide Dinitrate is available in the following forms:
- Extended Release Capsule
- Extended Release Tablet
- Injectable Solution
- Oral Capsule
- Oral Spray
- Oral Tablet
- Sublingual Tablet