How was your experience with Polythiazide?
Uses of Polythiazide
Polythiazide is used in the treatment of:
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Heart Failure
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Polythiazide Brand Names
Polythiazide Drug Class
Polythiazide is part of the drug class:
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your doctor if you take:
- POLYTHIAZIDE/ZOLEDRONIC ACID
This is not a complete list of Polythiazidedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Polythiazide and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Polythiazide falls into category D:
It has been shown that use of Polythiazide in pregnant women caused some babies to be born with problems. However, in some serious situations, the benefit of using this medication may be greater than the risk of harm to the baby.
Take polythiazide exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Polythiazide dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Polythiazide is available in the following doses:
- Polythiazide 1 Mg Oral Tablet
- Polythiazide 2 Mg Oral Tablet
- Polythiazide 4 Mg Oral Tablet
- Polythiazide-prazosin 0.5 Mg-1 Mg Oral Capsule
- Polythiazide-prazosin 0.5 Mg-2 Mg Oral Capsule
- Polythiazide-prazosin 0.5 Mg-5 Mg Oral Capsule
- Polythiazide-reserpine 2 Mg-0.25 Mg Oral Tablet
Forms of Medication
Polythiazide is available in the following forms:
- Oral Capsule
- Oral Tablet