What Keeping Fit Could Do for Your Cancer Risk
Physical activity is a vital part of a healthy life. While research has clearly shown its benefits in preventing heart disease, fitness may lower the risk of certain cancers as well.
Cancer Patients Live On
Cancer is a scary diagnosis, but there’s some really good news out there these days — more people are surviving.
New Lung Cancer Rx on the Table
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) today approved a new medication to treat lung cancer.
Guidelines Excluded Some from Lung Cancer Screening
The number of people in the US who smoke is on the decline, and those who do smoke may be doing so for shorter periods of time. Changed smoking patterns, however, may be causing some patients at risk for lung cancer to miss out on cancer screening.
Cancer Survival Gains Not the Same for All Groups
Cancer patients are winning the battle against the disease like never before, but age and race may play a role in determining survival odds.
Smoking May Be Even Riskier Than Once Thought
Smokers, it’s never too late to quit — and there may now be even more good reasons to do so.
Healthy Valentine’s Day for a Healthy Heart
Valentine’s Day — a day of chocolates, romantic dinners and loving hearts. Why can't it also be a day to focus on heart health?
A Shift in Women's Cancer Burden
More people have been surviving cancer. And as more patients win the fight, one type of cancer has taken the lead in threatening the most women.
Nonsmokers Are Inhaling, Too
Smoking is a potential health issue for more than just those lighting up. Secondhand smoke can also cause health problems for nonsmokers.
Trial on Bristol-Myers Squib Drug Stopped Early
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE:BMY) today announced that an open-label, randomized Phase 3 study evaluating Opdivo versus docetaxel in previously treated patients with advanced, squamous cell non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) was stopped early.
- Xalkori (13) Apply Xalkori filter
- Tarceva (12) Apply Tarceva filter
- Abraxane (2) Apply Abraxane filter
- Avastin (2) Apply Avastin filter
- Erbitux (2) Apply Erbitux filter
- Iressa (2) Apply Iressa filter
- Nexavar (2) Apply Nexavar filter
- Taxotere (2) Apply Taxotere filter
- Arimidex (1) Apply Arimidex filter
- Atacand (1) Apply Atacand filter
- Avapro (1) Apply Avapro filter
- Benicar (1) Apply Benicar filter
- Caprelsa (1) Apply Caprelsa filter
- Celebrex (1) Apply Celebrex filter
- Chantix (1) Apply Chantix filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Diovan (1) Apply Diovan filter
- Gleevec (1) Apply Gleevec filter
- Herceptin (1) Apply Herceptin filter
- Micardis (1) Apply Micardis filter
- Perjeta (1) Apply Perjeta filter
- Provenge (1) Apply Provenge filter
- Toprol XL (1) Apply Toprol XL filter
- Tykerb (1) Apply Tykerb filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- (-) Remove Lung Cancer filter Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer (20) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (19) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Rectal Cancer (13) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (12) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Liver Cancer (8) Apply Liver Cancer filter
- Pancreatic Cancer (8) Apply Pancreatic Cancer filter
- Kidney Cancer (7) Apply Kidney Cancer filter
- Bladder Cancer (5) Apply Bladder Cancer filter
- Esophageal Cancer (5) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Ovarian Cancer (5) Apply Ovarian Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (4) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Brain Cancer (3) Apply Brain Cancer filter
- Cervical Cancer (3) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Stomach Cancer (2) Apply Stomach Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (2) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer (1) Apply Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer filter
- Mental Health (35) Apply Mental Health filter
- Cardiovascular (15) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Pulmonary Disease (14) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (10) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Patient Safety Education (9) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Womens Health (9) Apply Womens Health filter
- Diabetes (7) Apply Diabetes filter
- Mens Health (7) Apply Mens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (6) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Exercise (3) Apply Exercise filter
- Dermatology (2) Apply Dermatology filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Hematology (2) Apply Hematology filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pediatrics (1) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer