Heart Meds and Healthy Minds
Statins, a type of medication used to lower cholesterol, recently underwent some label changes. This caused some confusion about a potential association with cognition problems, including short-term memory loss.
Cholesterol Rx May Benefit Bypass Surgery
To reduce “bad” cholesterol, patients commonly take medications called statins. Receiving this treatment before bypass surgery may reduce the risk of post-surgery complications.
Cutting Amputation Risk with Statins
Patients with diabetes are at an increased risk of amputation (surgical removal of limb), heart disease and death, so the right treatment is critical.
Statins + Aspirin Cut Cancer Death Risks
Statins are medications that help with high cholesterol. Along with pain relief, aspirin reduces inflammation. These two medications together may provide important benefits for women with endometrial cancer.
Cholesterol Rx Good For Joints Too
Osteoarthritis and high cholesterol may seem like totally unrelated conditions. But as it turns out, the same medicines that lower cholesterol may also help prevent osteoarthritis.
Statins Reduce More Than Cholesterol
Statins are effective and popular cholesterol-lowering medications. But they also have some possible side effects, including memory loss and high blood sugar. Now lower testosterone may join the list.
Statins May Reduce Liver Cancer Risks
Statins have been around for years to help lower cholesterol. Research has suggested that these medicines may help prevent cancer. A new study supports the mounting evidence.
New Safety Concern for Cholesterol Meds
Some medications used to treat high cholesterol, like Lipitor or Caduet , were linked to some cases of myopathy , a muscle wasting disease.
Cholesterol May Be Best Treated With Higher Dose Statins
A more intensive dose of cholesterol-lowering statins appears to help higher risk patients better manage cholesterol, a new study suggests.
RA Patients: Don't Quit Your Statins
When you stop taking a medication, your body can react poorly to the change. This may be the case for arthritis patients who stop taking a type of cholesterol-lowering drug.
- (-) Remove Crestor filter Crestor
- (-) Remove Lipitor filter Lipitor
- Zocor (27) Apply Zocor filter
- Pravachol (13) Apply Pravachol filter
- Lescol (7) Apply Lescol filter
- Vytorin (6) Apply Vytorin filter
- Lescol XL (3) Apply Lescol XL filter
- Atripla (1) Apply Atripla filter
- Caduet (1) Apply Caduet filter
- Cialis (1) Apply Cialis filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Glucophage (1) Apply Glucophage filter
- Glucophage XR (1) Apply Glucophage XR filter
- Hyzaar (1) Apply Hyzaar filter
- Kaletra (1) Apply Kaletra filter
- Levitra (1) Apply Levitra filter
- Liptruzet (1) Apply Liptruzet filter
- Plavix (1) Apply Plavix filter
- Reyataz (1) Apply Reyataz filter
- Simvastatin (1) Apply Simvastatin filter
- Tricor (1) Apply Tricor filter
- Truvada (1) Apply Truvada filter
- Viagra (1) Apply Viagra filter
- Viread (1) Apply Viread filter
- Zetia (1) Apply Zetia filter
- Cardiovascular (33) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (6) Apply Diabetes filter
- Cancer (3) Apply Cancer filter
- Mental Health (3) Apply Mental Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (3) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Infectious Disease (2) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Mens Health (2) Apply Mens Health filter
- Patient Safety Education (2) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Low Testosterone (1) Apply Low Testosterone filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter