Take a Liver Test Before Taking Statin Drugs
U.S. Food and Drug Administration officials have announced they will no longer recommend regular liver enzyme testing for patients taking one of several popular cholesterol-lowering drugs such as Lipitor ( atorvastatin ).
FDA Announces Safety Changes In Labeling For Some Cholesterol-lowering Drugs
Important safety changes to the labeling for some widely used cholesterol-lowering drugs known as statins are being announced today by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. These products, when used with diet and exercise, help to lower a person’s “bad” cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein cholesterol). The products include: Lipitor ( atorvastatin ), Lescol ( fluvastatin ), Mevacor ( lovastatin ), Altoprev ( lovastatin extended-release), Livalo ( pitavastatin ), Pravachol ( pravastatin ), Crestor ( rosuvastatin ), and Zocor ( simvastatin ). Combination products include: Advicor (...
Statins May Help Reduce Influenza Deaths
Flu shots or anti-viral drugs are used to treat influenza, but there may be another possible treatment. Cholesterol-reducing drugs may help reduce deaths in patients hospitalized with the flu.
Experimental Cholesterol Drug Shows Promise
Eli Lily's experimental drug evacetrapib has been shown to raise good cholesterol levels while also decreasing bad cholesterol. It also successfully lowered triglyceride levels.
Reverse Artery Plaque With Medications
Large doses of common cholesterol-lowering medications appear to reverse coronary artery disease by reducing the amount of plaque in clogged arteries.
Cholesterol Conundrum with HIV Kids
New treatments can enable children born with HIV to live well into their adult years, but the antiretroviral therapy (ART) can cause high cholesterol. Researchers are urging early cholesterol monitoring for these kids.
A new study suggests there isn't enough evidence to recommend the widespread use of cholesterol-lowering stain drugs for patients who don't have a history of cardiovascular disease.
- (-) Remove Crestor filter Crestor
- (-) Remove Lipitor filter Lipitor
- Zocor (27) Apply Zocor filter
- Pravachol (13) Apply Pravachol filter
- Lescol (7) Apply Lescol filter
- Vytorin (6) Apply Vytorin filter
- Lescol XL (3) Apply Lescol XL filter
- Atripla (1) Apply Atripla filter
- Caduet (1) Apply Caduet filter
- Cialis (1) Apply Cialis filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Glucophage (1) Apply Glucophage filter
- Glucophage XR (1) Apply Glucophage XR filter
- Hyzaar (1) Apply Hyzaar filter
- Kaletra (1) Apply Kaletra filter
- Levitra (1) Apply Levitra filter
- Liptruzet (1) Apply Liptruzet filter
- Plavix (1) Apply Plavix filter
- Reyataz (1) Apply Reyataz filter
- Simvastatin (1) Apply Simvastatin filter
- Tricor (1) Apply Tricor filter
- Truvada (1) Apply Truvada filter
- Viagra (1) Apply Viagra filter
- Viread (1) Apply Viread filter
- Zetia (1) Apply Zetia filter
- Cardiovascular (33) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (6) Apply Diabetes filter
- Cancer (3) Apply Cancer filter
- Mental Health (3) Apply Mental Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (3) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Infectious Disease (2) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Mens Health (2) Apply Mens Health filter
- Patient Safety Education (2) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Low Testosterone (1) Apply Low Testosterone filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter