Drinking in Middle Age: Keep It Light
While drinking isn't all bad when it comes to your health, going overboard can be a problem. Too much alcohol in middle age may have some serious health effects.
How Your Drinking Patterns May Affect Your Liver
Drinking too much can be unhealthy for the liver, but taking a break may help. Daily drinking may increase cirrhosis risk, and for those who do drink, wine may be the least damaging option.
What a Daily Drink Might Do for Your Heart
That nightcap or glass of wine with dinner may be doing more than just relaxing you at the end of a long day. It could be boosting your heart health.
How Overtime Can Affect Your Drinking Habits
Logging extra long hours at work might frustrate friends and family and limit free time, but can it also drive some people to drink?
Communities Could Curb Binge Drinking
Just after the revelry of New Year's Eve, some sobering news came to light about alcohol consumption in the US. Experts are stressing the importance of community efforts to curb binge drinking.
Are There Cures for Hangovers?
After the last drops of New Year's Eve champagne have been drunk, some revelers may be in a less-than-happy mood when they wake up with a hangover. Unfortunately, there is no magic cure for hangovers — it's really just about not drinking too much and staying hydrated.
Beware the Binge: Drinking May Slow Immune System
You may want to take it slow at that New Year's Eve party. Turning that New Year's drink or two into too many in a short time may lead to injuries and sabotage the body's ability to heal.
Teen Substance Abuse Rates Dropped
Parents may breathe a little easier — fewer teens may be lighting up, getting high and binge drinking.
Blackouts After Boozing All Too Common in Teens
Families and schools can take steps to stop the risky business of teen drinking. Teens are one of the groups most prone to binge drinking — a practice that can lead to alcohol-related blackouts.
Head Trauma May Up Risk of Substance Abuse in Teens
Teens often engage in risky behaviors, but a head injury may mean double trouble, a new study found.
- Chantix (2) Apply Chantix filter
- Finasteride (1) Apply Finasteride filter
- OxyContin (1) Apply OxyContin filter
- Propecia (1) Apply Propecia filter
- Prozac (1) Apply Prozac filter
- Topamax (1) Apply Topamax filter
- Trazodone (1) Apply Trazodone filter
- Valium (1) Apply Valium filter
- Vicodin (1) Apply Vicodin filter
- Xanax (1) Apply Xanax filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- (-) Remove Addictions filter Addictions
- Depression (18) Apply Depression filter
- Emotional Health (13) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Anxiety Disorders (11) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Suicide Prevention (11) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Bipolar Disorder (10) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Child Disorders (10) Apply Child Disorders filter
- Schizophrenia (7) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Stress (7) Apply Stress filter
- Violence Prevention (7) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (4) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Eating Disorders (3) Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Dementia (2) Apply Dementia filter
- Sleep Disorders (2) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (2) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder (1) Apply Attention Deficit Disorder filter
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (1) Apply Autism Spectrum Disorders filter
- Borderline Personality Disorder (1) Apply Borderline Personality Disorder filter
- Pediatrics (38) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (37) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Patient Safety Education (27) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (25) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Cardiovascular (22) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Stroke (9) Apply Stroke filter
- Hypertension (7) Apply Hypertension filter
- Atrial Fibrillation (3) Apply Atrial Fibrillation filter
- Congestive Heart Failure (2) Apply Congestive Heart Failure filter
- Heart Attack (2) Apply Heart Attack filter
- Atherosclerosis (1) Apply Atherosclerosis filter
- High Cholesterol (1) Apply High Cholesterol filter
- Cancer (14) Apply Cancer filter
- Esophageal Cancer (3) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (2) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Colon Cancer (1) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Oral Cancer (1) Apply Oral Cancer filter
- Rectal Cancer (1) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (1) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Stomach Cancer (1) Apply Stomach Cancer filter
- Gastrointestinal (11) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Womens Health (10) Apply Womens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (8) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Trauma (8) Apply Trauma filter
- Diabetes (7) Apply Diabetes filter
- Healthy Home (7) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Mens Health (5) Apply Mens Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (5) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Exercise (3) Apply Exercise filter
- Baby (2) Apply Baby filter
- Kidney Disease (2) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Sexual Health (2) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (2) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Dermatology (1) Apply Dermatology filter
- Pulmonary Disease (1) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health