Heavy Drinking and Hangovers Tied to Stroke
Waking up with a hangover can leave you with a headache for the rest of the day. Recent research suggests that it also may lead to lasting damage to blood vessels.
Of Pregnancy Blues and Drinking Clues
The recommendations not to drink alcohol while pregnant are clear from obstetric medical organizations in the US. Yet pregnant women feeling depressed may be at risk for ignoring this advice.
Fake IDs May Fuel Underage Drinking
To legally buy and drink alcohol, a person must meet a minimum age requirement set by each state. Such laws aim to protect those who are underage from the damage done by drinking alcohol.
Early Bloomers Smoking and Drinking Before Peers
Puberty is an important milestone on the road to growing up. But hitting puberty early may lead some kids to try adult substances earlier than other kids.
Staying Sober for a New Liver
Liver transplant patients with a history of alcohol abuse often go through a treatment program before surgery. But the temptation to drink doesn’t stop once the surgery is over.
Bipolar Youth at Risk for Substance Abuse?
Bipolar disorder has been previously linked with substance abuse in adolescents. It's possible that certain symptoms or behaviors can help target youth before they develop a substance use disorder.
Retiring to Excessive Drinking
As people enter their senior years, they may not drink quite as much as they did in their wild and crazy youth. But many seniors still may drink more than they should, when it comes to their health.
Where Teens Get Smokes and Booze
It’s illegal to sell alcohol and cigarettes to minors, but many underage youths get ahold of these substances anyway. It may be that friends and family are providing access.
Teens Doubling and Tripling Their Alcohol Intake
Concerns about teenage alcohol use have existed for a long time — and with good reason. But it may surprise some people to learn just how much some high school students drink.
Foster Children and Orphans Facing Fetal Disorders
Children not living with biological or adopted parents often already face greater challenges than other children. But events before their birth may add to those challenges.
- Chantix (2) Apply Chantix filter
- Finasteride (1) Apply Finasteride filter
- OxyContin (1) Apply OxyContin filter
- Propecia (1) Apply Propecia filter
- Prozac (1) Apply Prozac filter
- Topamax (1) Apply Topamax filter
- Trazodone (1) Apply Trazodone filter
- Valium (1) Apply Valium filter
- Vicodin (1) Apply Vicodin filter
- Xanax (1) Apply Xanax filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- (-) Remove Addictions filter Addictions
- Depression (18) Apply Depression filter
- Emotional Health (13) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Anxiety Disorders (11) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Suicide Prevention (11) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Bipolar Disorder (10) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Child Disorders (10) Apply Child Disorders filter
- Schizophrenia (7) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Stress (7) Apply Stress filter
- Violence Prevention (7) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (4) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Eating Disorders (3) Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Dementia (2) Apply Dementia filter
- Sleep Disorders (2) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (2) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder (1) Apply Attention Deficit Disorder filter
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (1) Apply Autism Spectrum Disorders filter
- Borderline Personality Disorder (1) Apply Borderline Personality Disorder filter
- Pediatrics (38) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (37) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Patient Safety Education (27) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (25) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Cardiovascular (22) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Stroke (9) Apply Stroke filter
- Hypertension (7) Apply Hypertension filter
- Atrial Fibrillation (3) Apply Atrial Fibrillation filter
- Congestive Heart Failure (2) Apply Congestive Heart Failure filter
- Heart Attack (2) Apply Heart Attack filter
- Atherosclerosis (1) Apply Atherosclerosis filter
- High Cholesterol (1) Apply High Cholesterol filter
- Cancer (14) Apply Cancer filter
- Esophageal Cancer (3) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (2) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Colon Cancer (1) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Oral Cancer (1) Apply Oral Cancer filter
- Rectal Cancer (1) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (1) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Stomach Cancer (1) Apply Stomach Cancer filter
- Gastrointestinal (11) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Womens Health (10) Apply Womens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (8) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Trauma (8) Apply Trauma filter
- Diabetes (7) Apply Diabetes filter
- Healthy Home (7) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Mens Health (5) Apply Mens Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (5) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Exercise (3) Apply Exercise filter
- Baby (2) Apply Baby filter
- Kidney Disease (2) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Sexual Health (2) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (2) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Dermatology (1) Apply Dermatology filter
- Pulmonary Disease (1) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health