Stop Blood Clots, Prevent Future Strokes
Ischemic stroke is the third leading cause of death in the United States. Preventing future ischemic strokes means preventing more blood clots from forming.
Cancer Rx Granted Accelerated FDA Approval Path
The US Food and Drug Administration has given ibrutinib an accelerated pathway to approval. Ibrutinib is an investigational drug designed to treat two lymphomas.
Living With Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
People diagnosed with chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) are living longer than ever before. A number of effective therapies are available for all phases of the disease, but living with CML has its challenges.
Finding the Path of No Return for Kids with Cancer
The cure rate for one type of blood cancer that affects children - acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) – is now about 80 percent. For the remaining 20 percent of kids who develop the disease, the outlook can be dire.
New Rx for Advanced Multiple Myeloma
Multiple myeloma is a blood cancer that affects nearly 22,000 Americans every year. It develops in mostly older people when plasma cells in the bone marrow grow out of control.
Serious Blood Clots a Concern for AB Blood Type
Recent research points to AB blood type as an important risk factor for developing serious blood clots. Do you know what your blood type is?
Paradigm Shift - Healthy vs. Cancerous Cells
If you focus on maintaining a healthy lifestyle, you’re less likely to get sick. That’s simple logic. Researchers now think this approach might be an effective way to treat cancer.
Take Care After Brain Bleed
Living through a brain bleed may provide a second chance to quit smoking. Kicking the habit and taking care of blood pressure and cholesterol can help keep these patients alive.
A Combination Leukemia Can’t Take
Many patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia do pretty well with standard treatment. The disease retreats and stays in remission. However, some patients aren’t so fortunate. A new combination may be just what these patients need.
Children With Leukemia Have New Rx
Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) is the most common blood cancer found in children. It’s diagnosed in nearly 3,000 children in the United States every year and can progress quickly if left untreated. These kids now have a new treatment option.