Swapping Out Asthma Attack Meds
When a child has an asthma attack requiring a visit to the hospital, it's common to prescribe them prednisone. But there may be a good alternative.
Kids with Asthma Commonly Exposed to Secondhand Smoke
Secondhand smoke can cause asthma to flare up, especially in children. Knowing a child's history of tobacco exposure may help pediatricians spot who is at risk for future asthma attacks.
Preemies May Be at Risk for Wheezing
Increasing numbers of children are surviving preterm births. But being born early can carry health risks even later in life, which may be the case with asthma and similar conditions.
Where There's Smoke and Asthma
The hazards of secondhand smoke to children are already clear in medical research, but such exposure is especially a problem for children with asthma or wheezing.
Increased Depression in Common Teen Disorders
Separately, ADHD and asthma each have been associated with mood disorders. Are patients with both ADHD and asthma at an even greater risk?
Antibiotic Use in Infancy Could Increase Risk of Asthma
The number of people with asthma has significantly increased over the last three decades. Different medical exposures during infancy may have something to do with the rising number.
Rx Lowered Steroid Dose in Asthma Patients
Oral corticosteroids are a common treatment for asthma, but they often come with unwanted side effects. One recent study showed that another medication may help patients lower their corticosteroid dose over time.
At-Risk Asthma Patients and the Flu Vaccine
While going without flu vaccination can mean risking an unpleasant few days of sickness for most, it can mean risking major illness and hospital time for those with certain conditions.
Pediatric Asthma Hospitalizations Can Be Prevented
Asthma hospitalizations can often be prevented with regular, continuous condition management. However, it's not always easy for kids to manage their asthma.
Age of Asthma Onset May Affect Future Symptoms
Millions of Americans are affected by asthma. New information on how the age of onset can affect future symptoms may help to improve treatment.
- Pulmicort Respules (5) Apply Pulmicort Respules filter
- Flovent (4) Apply Flovent filter
- Proventil HFA (3) Apply Proventil HFA filter
- Advair (2) Apply Advair filter
- Ventolin HFA (2) Apply Ventolin HFA filter
- Adderall (1) Apply Adderall filter
- Asmanex (1) Apply Asmanex filter
- Combivent (1) Apply Combivent filter
- Concerta (1) Apply Concerta filter
- Montelukast (1) Apply Montelukast filter
- Prevacid (1) Apply Prevacid filter
- ProAir HFA (1) Apply ProAir HFA filter
- Singulair (1) Apply Singulair filter
- Symbicort (1) Apply Symbicort filter
- Vyvanse (1) Apply Vyvanse filter
- Xolair (1) Apply Xolair filter