You Are What You Breathe
Air pollution has been linked to an increased risk of lung cancer as well as several other lung conditions. This is one reason why government agencies set standards for air quality levels.
Progress in Progression-Free Survival
Changes in genes are at the heart of many cancers. One gene mutation shows up in about 10 percent of lung cancers. That gene is known as the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR).
The Computer That Goes to Medical School
New cancer medications and tests are in the news every day. What if a computer could keep track of all this information and help doctors offer you the best possible treatment options?
When Babies Are Forced to Smoke
Some babies may be more likely than others to develop respiratory infections. This is especially true of babies prone to allergies. Secondhand smoke can make the situation worse.
Lung Cancer Rx Beats Chemotherapy
Lung cancer is a very complex disease. Depending on the genetic make-up of the cancer cells, lung cancer can be many different diseases. And personalized therapy treats the defective genes individuals patients have.
CT Scans for Lung Cancer Screening
Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths in the United States. Finding early signs of cancer can make a huge difference in treatment and survival.
Cancer Treatment Inequalities
Does race enter the equation on who is treated and who isn't treated for cancer? According to a recent study, there are racial differences in how lung cancer is treated.
Lung Cancer Rx Better than Chemotherapy
Changes to a protein known as EGFR can result in lung cancer. The medication Tarceva (erlotinib) is one of two drugs that target EGFR as a means of treating lung cancer. The use of Tarceva has just been expanded.
FDA Approves Companion Diagnostic to Detect Gene Mutation
The US Food and Drug Administration today approved the cobas EGFR Mutation Test, a companion diagnostic for the cancer drug Tarceva (erlotinib).
Better Ways to See Second Cancers
Lung cancer doesn’t go away easily. Even after surgical removal, this cancer can return. It's really important that these returning cancers be detected - and the earlier the better.
- Xalkori (13) Apply Xalkori filter
- Tarceva (12) Apply Tarceva filter
- Abraxane (2) Apply Abraxane filter
- Avastin (2) Apply Avastin filter
- Erbitux (2) Apply Erbitux filter
- Iressa (2) Apply Iressa filter
- Nexavar (2) Apply Nexavar filter
- Taxotere (2) Apply Taxotere filter
- Arimidex (1) Apply Arimidex filter
- Atacand (1) Apply Atacand filter
- Avapro (1) Apply Avapro filter
- Benicar (1) Apply Benicar filter
- Caprelsa (1) Apply Caprelsa filter
- Celebrex (1) Apply Celebrex filter
- Chantix (1) Apply Chantix filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Diovan (1) Apply Diovan filter
- Gleevec (1) Apply Gleevec filter
- Herceptin (1) Apply Herceptin filter
- Micardis (1) Apply Micardis filter
- Perjeta (1) Apply Perjeta filter
- Provenge (1) Apply Provenge filter
- Toprol XL (1) Apply Toprol XL filter
- Tykerb (1) Apply Tykerb filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- (-) Remove Lung Cancer filter Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer (20) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (19) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Rectal Cancer (13) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (12) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Liver Cancer (8) Apply Liver Cancer filter
- Pancreatic Cancer (8) Apply Pancreatic Cancer filter
- Kidney Cancer (7) Apply Kidney Cancer filter
- Bladder Cancer (5) Apply Bladder Cancer filter
- Esophageal Cancer (5) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Ovarian Cancer (5) Apply Ovarian Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (4) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Brain Cancer (3) Apply Brain Cancer filter
- Cervical Cancer (3) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Stomach Cancer (2) Apply Stomach Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (2) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer (1) Apply Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer filter
- Mental Health (35) Apply Mental Health filter
- Cardiovascular (15) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Pulmonary Disease (14) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (10) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Patient Safety Education (9) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Womens Health (9) Apply Womens Health filter
- Diabetes (7) Apply Diabetes filter
- Mens Health (7) Apply Mens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (6) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Exercise (3) Apply Exercise filter
- Dermatology (2) Apply Dermatology filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Hematology (2) Apply Hematology filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pediatrics (1) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer