Do Positive Cancer Results Need to Be Redefined?
At what point should tests be considered positive for cancer? This may sound like a silly question. Physician scientists, however, don’t have a solid answer when it comes to lung cancer.
Emerging Cancer Threat For European Women
Lung cancer is the number one cause of cancer-related deaths for both men and women in the United States. For women in Europe, breast cancer is their biggest death threat – but not for long.
Why Lung Cancer Survival Rates Vary
Living beyond lung cancer is generally tied to the stage at which it’s detected. But what if survival rates weren’t tied to time of diagnosis, but rather where you lived?
What's Contributing to Lung Cancer Among Nonsmokers?
According to a new study, indoor air pollution is a major contributing factor for high lung cancer rates among nonsmoking Chinese women. This pollution is caused by fine particles produced by heating fuels, cooking oils and secondhand smoke.
Burning Old Electronics Is Bad News
Many electronic devices contain toxic materials, and if incinerated, they can release deadly fumes. These fumes may contain carcinogens that up the risk for lung cancer.
Gene Test Catches Tiny Cancers
A new genetic test, combined with CT screening, can identify aggressive lung cancer at an early stage. Results may help determine the best therapy options to help patients live longer.
Deadly Zip Codes
Where someone lives has an impact on their health. Everything from air pollution to healthcare access affects a person’s health, well-being and likelihood of dying. This appears to be true with regards to lung cancer deaths.
50-Year Trends in Smoking Related Deaths
Too many people have died from smoking-related illnesses in the past 50 years. But there is good news: quitting smoking starts the healing process and immediately begins to reduce the risks of smoking-related disease.
Speeding Up the Discovery Process
To find out if a lung cancer prevention drug is effective, scientists may follow thousands of patients for more than a decade. A recent discovery of a molecular response may significantly shorten these trials.
Cancer Screening Can Be a Life Saver
A key to beating lung cancer is finding it early on. After extensive research, the American Cancer Society now recommends CT screening for older patients with a history of smoking.
- Xalkori (13) Apply Xalkori filter
- Tarceva (12) Apply Tarceva filter
- Abraxane (2) Apply Abraxane filter
- Avastin (2) Apply Avastin filter
- Erbitux (2) Apply Erbitux filter
- Iressa (2) Apply Iressa filter
- Nexavar (2) Apply Nexavar filter
- Taxotere (2) Apply Taxotere filter
- Arimidex (1) Apply Arimidex filter
- Atacand (1) Apply Atacand filter
- Avapro (1) Apply Avapro filter
- Benicar (1) Apply Benicar filter
- Caprelsa (1) Apply Caprelsa filter
- Celebrex (1) Apply Celebrex filter
- Chantix (1) Apply Chantix filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Diovan (1) Apply Diovan filter
- Gleevec (1) Apply Gleevec filter
- Herceptin (1) Apply Herceptin filter
- Micardis (1) Apply Micardis filter
- Perjeta (1) Apply Perjeta filter
- Provenge (1) Apply Provenge filter
- Toprol XL (1) Apply Toprol XL filter
- Tykerb (1) Apply Tykerb filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- (-) Remove Lung Cancer filter Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer (20) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (19) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Rectal Cancer (13) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (12) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Liver Cancer (8) Apply Liver Cancer filter
- Pancreatic Cancer (8) Apply Pancreatic Cancer filter
- Kidney Cancer (7) Apply Kidney Cancer filter
- Bladder Cancer (5) Apply Bladder Cancer filter
- Esophageal Cancer (5) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Ovarian Cancer (5) Apply Ovarian Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (4) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Brain Cancer (3) Apply Brain Cancer filter
- Cervical Cancer (3) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Stomach Cancer (2) Apply Stomach Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (2) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer (1) Apply Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer filter
- Mental Health (35) Apply Mental Health filter
- Cardiovascular (15) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Pulmonary Disease (14) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (10) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Patient Safety Education (9) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Womens Health (9) Apply Womens Health filter
- Diabetes (7) Apply Diabetes filter
- Mens Health (7) Apply Mens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (6) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Exercise (3) Apply Exercise filter
- Dermatology (2) Apply Dermatology filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Hematology (2) Apply Hematology filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pediatrics (1) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer