FDA Approves New Leukemia Rx
On January 19, 2016, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved ofatumumab (Arzerra Injection, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation) for extended treatment of patients who are in complete or partial response after at least two lines of therapy for recurrent or progressive chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL).
A New Treatment Option for Adult Leukemia
Patients may now have an alternative to chemotherapy as their first line of defense against chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL).
An Antibiotic Benefit for Childhood Leukemia
For kids with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), bacterial infections can cause dangerous complications. But a new treatment option may be able to help.
Bendeka Gets the Green Light
JERUSALEM & WOODCLIFF LAKE, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NYSE:TEVA) and Eagle Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:EGRX) today announce that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved BENDEKA™, (bendamustine hydrochloride) injection, a liquid, low-volume (50 mL) and short-time 10-minute infusion formulation of bendamustine.
Leukemia is a cancer of the blood cells that most commonly occurs in adults older than 55 and is also the most common cancer in children younger than 15. There are currently more than 300,000 people estimated to be living with or in remission from leukemia in the US.
In Early Tests, Blood, Bone Marrow Rx Sparked Hope
Early testing of a medication for blood cancers and bone marrow disorders yielded promising results. Now, researchers are looking to the future.
What Babies Eat May Affect Leukemia Risk
Childhood cancer is rare, but it is still a leading health threat to children and adolescents — surpassed only by accidents. However, babies who are breastfed may be at a lower risk for developing one type of blood cancer in childhood.
Great Leaps in Leukemia Treatment
Cancer research has led to longer lives and better quality of life for millions of people. This year, the transformation of leukemia treatment has been singled out as the “Advance of the Year.”
Amgen's Leukemia Rx is Effective & Expensive
Earlier this month, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved a new type of treatment for a severe form of leukemia. That treatment becomes available Thursday, and the manufacturer has revealed how much it will cost.
FDA Approves First Test for Group of Human Retroviruses
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved MP Diagnostics HTLV Blot 2.4, the first FDA-licensed supplemental test for Human T-cell Lymphotropic Virus-I/II (HTLV-I/II).
- Gleevec (30) Apply Gleevec filter
- Sprycel (16) Apply Sprycel filter
- Tasigna (15) Apply Tasigna filter
- Bosutinib (7) Apply Bosutinib filter
- Revlimid (3) Apply Revlimid filter
- Rituximab (3) Apply Rituximab filter
- Synribo (3) Apply Synribo filter
- Bosulif (2) Apply Bosulif filter
- Iclusig (2) Apply Iclusig filter
- Ponatinib (2) Apply Ponatinib filter
- Rituxan (2) Apply Rituxan filter
- Actemra (1) Apply Actemra filter
- Elspar (1) Apply Elspar filter
- Kyprolis (1) Apply Kyprolis filter
- Nexavar (1) Apply Nexavar filter
- Omapro (1) Apply Omapro filter
- Sutent (1) Apply Sutent filter
- Treanda (1) Apply Treanda filter
- Velcade (1) Apply Velcade filter
- (-) Remove Hematology filter Hematology
- Cancer (148) Apply Cancer filter
- Pediatrics (12) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Infectious Disease (4) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (2) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Baby (1) Apply Baby filter
- Cardiovascular (1) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (1) Apply Diabetes filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Mental Health (1) Apply Mental Health filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pulmonary Disease (1) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter