A Combination Leukemia Can’t Take
Many patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia do pretty well with standard treatment. The disease retreats and stays in remission. However, some patients aren’t so fortunate. A new combination may be just what these patients need.
Children With Leukemia Have New Rx
Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) is the most common blood cancer found in children. It’s diagnosed in nearly 3,000 children in the United States every year and can progress quickly if left untreated. These kids now have a new treatment option.
FDA Approves Gleevec for Children With Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
The US Food and Drug Administration today approved a new use of Gleevec ( imatinib ) to treat children newly diagnosed with Philadelphia chromosome positive ( Ph +) acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
New Vaccine Recommendation for Adults
Adults with certain immune system conditions often require different recommendations for the vaccines they can and should receive. A new vaccine has been added to these recommendations.
Age Matters When Treating Leukemia
Unless a child is involved, age usually isn’t considered when prescribing cancer treatment. A new study finds that might need to be changed for certain leukemia patients.
At the Heart of Genetic Shenanigans
There has been lots of really good news about a rare blood cancer. Several new drugs have been approved to treat all stages of chronic myeloid leukemia ( CML ). There’s also work happening to go after the disease at deeper levels.
New Leukemia Rx Hits Market
Folks living with two types of blood cancer have new choices as of today. The US Food and Drug Administration has approved Iclusig ( ponatinib ) to treat chronic myeloid leukemia ( CML ) and Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia ( Ph + ALL).
FDA approves Iclusig to treat two rare types of leukemia
The US Food and Drug Administration today approved Iclusig (ponatinib) to treat adults with chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) and Philadelphia chromosome positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia (Ph+ ALL), two rare blood and bone marrow diseases.
Concentrated Cruciferous Compound Cuts Cancer
A common blood cancer in children is called acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Most children are cured of the cancer. About one in five kids, though, don’t respond to treatment. A natural alternative may help these youngsters.
Treating Cancer in Very High Risk Kids
Remarkable progress has been made in treating childhood leukemia. Many kids who get these blood cancers will beat their disease and live normal lives. Progress is being made in treating a more aggressive and life-threatening form of pediatric leukemia.
- Gleevec (30) Apply Gleevec filter
- Sprycel (16) Apply Sprycel filter
- Tasigna (15) Apply Tasigna filter
- Bosutinib (7) Apply Bosutinib filter
- Revlimid (3) Apply Revlimid filter
- Rituximab (3) Apply Rituximab filter
- Synribo (3) Apply Synribo filter
- Bosulif (2) Apply Bosulif filter
- Iclusig (2) Apply Iclusig filter
- Ponatinib (2) Apply Ponatinib filter
- Rituxan (2) Apply Rituxan filter
- Actemra (1) Apply Actemra filter
- Elspar (1) Apply Elspar filter
- Kyprolis (1) Apply Kyprolis filter
- Nexavar (1) Apply Nexavar filter
- Omapro (1) Apply Omapro filter
- Sutent (1) Apply Sutent filter
- Treanda (1) Apply Treanda filter
- Velcade (1) Apply Velcade filter
- (-) Remove Hematology filter Hematology
- Cancer (148) Apply Cancer filter
- Pediatrics (12) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Infectious Disease (4) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (2) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Baby (1) Apply Baby filter
- Cardiovascular (1) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (1) Apply Diabetes filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Mental Health (1) Apply Mental Health filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pulmonary Disease (1) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter