With CML, Third Time Can Be a Charm
The course of chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) has changed substantially thanks to the use of a class of drugs called tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKIs). How these drugs are being used is changing too.
New Path to Fight Acute Myeloid Leukemia
Leukemia is a disease of the blood cells. Acute myeloid leukemia (AML) is seen as an explosion of cancer cells in the bone marrow.
Metabolic Links to Leukemia
The link between cancer and the body's metabolism is a scientific focus that is bearing more fruit. An " oncometabolite " is cancer-causing metabolite that's involved in the development and progression of cancer.
Sprycel Picks Up the Pieces
With all the differences that can occur on a molecular level between one person and another, it shouldn't be surprising that a medication may not work as well for everyone.
Screenwriter Nora Ephron Passed Away
Screenwriter and filmmaker, Nora Ephron , has died after battling leukemia. She was 71.
Chemotherapy Tag Team
Drug resistance remains a significant problem in cancer treatment. The contrast of smashing success early on makes any treatment failure later on even more baffling.
How to Protect a Soft Heart
The legacy of childhood cancer, in addition to never being quite sure if the cancer is gone for good, also includes the literal scars from treatment.
Move Over Platinum, Here Comes Ruthenium
A number of common chemotherapy agents, such as cisplatin , contain the element platinum. And while effective against cancer cells, these medications can damage healthy cells.
Newest CML Drug Helps
The introduction of Gleevec in 2001 to treat chronic myeloid leukemia ( CML ) marked one of modern oncology's biggest success stories. The treatment has become the model for other cancer drugs.
Targeting Leukemia's Kill Switch
Once a resistance to chemotherapy develops in leukemia, it can be extremely difficult to turn back the tide. A new drug focuses on changing that.
- Gleevec (30) Apply Gleevec filter
- Sprycel (16) Apply Sprycel filter
- Tasigna (15) Apply Tasigna filter
- Bosutinib (7) Apply Bosutinib filter
- Revlimid (3) Apply Revlimid filter
- Rituximab (3) Apply Rituximab filter
- Synribo (3) Apply Synribo filter
- Bosulif (2) Apply Bosulif filter
- Iclusig (2) Apply Iclusig filter
- Ponatinib (2) Apply Ponatinib filter
- Rituxan (2) Apply Rituxan filter
- Actemra (1) Apply Actemra filter
- Elspar (1) Apply Elspar filter
- Kyprolis (1) Apply Kyprolis filter
- Nexavar (1) Apply Nexavar filter
- Omapro (1) Apply Omapro filter
- Sutent (1) Apply Sutent filter
- Treanda (1) Apply Treanda filter
- Velcade (1) Apply Velcade filter
- (-) Remove Hematology filter Hematology
- Cancer (148) Apply Cancer filter
- Pediatrics (12) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Infectious Disease (4) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (2) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Baby (1) Apply Baby filter
- Cardiovascular (1) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (1) Apply Diabetes filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Mental Health (1) Apply Mental Health filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pulmonary Disease (1) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter