Diabetes Linked to Blood Cancers
Doctors have to carefully watch their diabetes patients for other serious health problems like kidney disease and heart disease. Now, it seems doctors should keep an eye out for blood cancers as well.
Progress for Leukemia Test
Everybody likes simple solutions to complex problems. A blood test for a diagnosis, a pill to cure. Chronic lymphocytic leukemia is one step closer to that day.
Mapping Leukemia Evolution
The thing that strikes the most fear in the hearts of cancer patients is wondering if a remission is real, or if the cancer is just on pause. These fears linger despite the most aggressive treatments and the best doctors.
The genes you inherit from your parents can be sort of a mixed bag. While some traits like height and eye color can be straightforward, some are complex relationships that take a detective to find the full implications.
Schizophrenia Drug Counteracts Leukemia
Scientists have long observed that the same molecule can have a variety of different functions in the body depending on where it is at that moment.
Rare Leukemia Explained
Given the long list of side effects associated with traditional cancer treatments like chemotherapy and radiation, newer treatments focus on targets associated with the cancer that are as specific as possible.
Kinder Drugs for Seniors
Elderly patients with leukemia may not be able to tolerate chemotherapy as well as they once could, or simply may not want to deal with the serious side effects anymore.
Identifying Aggressive Leukemia
There are two main types of chronic lymphocytic leukemia, and knowing whether a patient has the aggressive or the slow version is very important to determine treatment early on.
The Origins of Leukemia
Leukemia can be very different from person to person, even within the same type of cancer. Scientists thought they understood how leukemia begins, but it may be more complicated than we thought.
The Double Life of MCL-1
Figuring out the molecular puzzles that can change a healthy cell to a cancer cell would be difficult even if you could watch the process happen.
- Gleevec (30) Apply Gleevec filter
- Sprycel (16) Apply Sprycel filter
- Tasigna (15) Apply Tasigna filter
- Bosutinib (7) Apply Bosutinib filter
- Revlimid (3) Apply Revlimid filter
- Rituximab (3) Apply Rituximab filter
- Synribo (3) Apply Synribo filter
- Bosulif (2) Apply Bosulif filter
- Iclusig (2) Apply Iclusig filter
- Ponatinib (2) Apply Ponatinib filter
- Rituxan (2) Apply Rituxan filter
- Actemra (1) Apply Actemra filter
- Elspar (1) Apply Elspar filter
- Kyprolis (1) Apply Kyprolis filter
- Nexavar (1) Apply Nexavar filter
- Omapro (1) Apply Omapro filter
- Sutent (1) Apply Sutent filter
- Treanda (1) Apply Treanda filter
- Velcade (1) Apply Velcade filter
- (-) Remove Hematology filter Hematology
- Cancer (148) Apply Cancer filter
- Pediatrics (12) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Infectious Disease (4) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (2) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Baby (1) Apply Baby filter
- Cardiovascular (1) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (1) Apply Diabetes filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Mental Health (1) Apply Mental Health filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pulmonary Disease (1) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter