FDA Saves "Dangerous Drug Shortage"
Methotrexate is the one drug children with leukemia must have in order to beat the potentially deadly disease. But it was on the brink of becoming unavailable, until the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) stepped in to - literally - save lives.
Heart Disease After Childhood Leukemia - Why?
Treating childhood cancers usually requires medications, some of which can be toxic to the heart. So will these drugs cause heart problems later on in life? Recent research asked just that question.
Outwitting Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
About 20 percent of all leukemias in the Western world are chronic myeloid leukemia ( CML ). Today's treatments target an abnormal chromosome that causes the disease, but new theories about how to outwit this resilient disease are sprouting.
Tasigna Recommended for Second-Line CML
Tasigna ( nilotinib ) is one of the three major medications currently being used to treat chronic myeloid leukemia ( CML ). Now it has become a preferred drug in one country.
Cephalon, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Treanda
Cephalon , Inc. is voluntarily recalling Treanda ® ( bendamustine HCL ) for Injection 25mg / 8mL ; lot TB30111 , expiration date 12/2012. This product lot is being recalled due to the presence of particulate matter found in a single vial, which has been identified as glass fragments.
Marathon Against CML Still Not Won
Remarkable advancements have been made in the treatment of chronic myeloid leukemia. But the race has not yet been won, according to one of the nation's preeminent experts in the field.
Salty Soul Singer Etta James Dies
You've probably heard her music, even if you don't recognize her name. "At Last" - the classic love song - is a wedding favorite. And you may know "The Wallflower," or "Something's Got a Hold on Me."
Treatment Options for Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
Chronic myeloid leukemia ( CML ) has a number of treatment options. And those options may be expanding in the near future. A drug still being investigated shows positive results in treating newly diagnosed CML patients.
No Longer a Bitter Pill to Swallow
Gleevec ( imatinib ) is among the most widely prescribed medications to treat chronic myeloid leukemia ( CML ) in both children and adults. Problem is, it's really hard for kids to swallow this oral medication, but that's about to change.
Does Chemotherapy Cause Cancer to Return?
Most patients with acute myeloid leukemia will undergo chemotherapy to treat the disease. But this treatment may be causing harm as well as helping, according to a new study.
- Gleevec (30) Apply Gleevec filter
- Sprycel (16) Apply Sprycel filter
- Tasigna (15) Apply Tasigna filter
- Bosutinib (7) Apply Bosutinib filter
- Revlimid (3) Apply Revlimid filter
- Rituximab (3) Apply Rituximab filter
- Synribo (3) Apply Synribo filter
- Bosulif (2) Apply Bosulif filter
- Iclusig (2) Apply Iclusig filter
- Ponatinib (2) Apply Ponatinib filter
- Rituxan (2) Apply Rituxan filter
- Actemra (1) Apply Actemra filter
- Elspar (1) Apply Elspar filter
- Kyprolis (1) Apply Kyprolis filter
- Nexavar (1) Apply Nexavar filter
- Omapro (1) Apply Omapro filter
- Sutent (1) Apply Sutent filter
- Treanda (1) Apply Treanda filter
- Velcade (1) Apply Velcade filter
- (-) Remove Hematology filter Hematology
- Cancer (148) Apply Cancer filter
- Pediatrics (12) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Infectious Disease (4) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (2) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Baby (1) Apply Baby filter
- Cardiovascular (1) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (1) Apply Diabetes filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Mental Health (1) Apply Mental Health filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pulmonary Disease (1) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter