Cancer Meds in 2015: A Year in Review
This year was a big one for cancer treatment.
Skin Tone and Skin Cancer Risk
Got a darker complexion? Here's why you should be checking the palms of your hands and soles of your feet.
FDA Narrows In on Teen Tanning
If the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has its way, teens nationwide will be banned from using tanning beds.
FDA Proposes Tanning Bed Ban for Underage Kids
Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced important proposed steps to protect public health by preventing the use of sunlamp products (also commonly known as indoor tanning beds) by minors and reducing the risk of using these devices for adults.
A New Rx Combo for Melanoma
There's a new cancer-fighting medication combo in town, and now it's approved to tackle advanced melanoma.
Melanoma Rx Approved as Part of Combo
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Cotellic (cobimetinib) to be used in combination with vemurafenib to treat advanced melanoma that has spread to other parts of the body or can’t be removed by surgery, and that has a certain type of abnormal gene (BRAF V600E or V600K mutation).
Yervoy Gets a New Use
A medication previously approved to treat melanoma that cannot be removed by surgery just got the approval it needed for another melanoma-related use.
Novel Melanoma Lesion Rx Is a Go
There's a new, first-of-its kind treatment for the deadliest type of skin cancer.
This Vitamin May Lower Skin Cancer Risk
A new discovery could change the way doctors treat patients at high risk for skin cancer.
Surgery Offers Hope for Melanoma Metastasis
In the past, melanoma that metastasized (or spread) to the abdominal organs was considered incurable. Today, surgery may be a promising treatment option.
- Yervoy (6) Apply Yervoy filter
- Viagra (2) Apply Viagra filter
- Abraxane (1) Apply Abraxane filter
- Accutane (1) Apply Accutane filter
- Aldara (1) Apply Aldara filter
- Celebrex (1) Apply Celebrex filter
- Enbrel (1) Apply Enbrel filter
- Humira (1) Apply Humira filter
- Imuran (1) Apply Imuran filter
- Levitra (1) Apply Levitra filter
- Purinethol (1) Apply Purinethol filter
- Tamoxifen (1) Apply Tamoxifen filter
- Tarceva (1) Apply Tarceva filter
- Vfend (1) Apply Vfend filter
- Zelboraf (1) Apply Zelboraf filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- (-) Remove Skin Cancer filter Skin Cancer
- Breast Cancer Female (8) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Prostate Cancer (5) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Colon Cancer (4) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Lung Cancer (4) Apply Lung Cancer filter
- Brain Cancer (3) Apply Brain Cancer filter
- Pancreatic Cancer (3) Apply Pancreatic Cancer filter
- Cervical Cancer (2) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Kidney Cancer (2) Apply Kidney Cancer filter
- Liver Cancer (2) Apply Liver Cancer filter
- Ovarian Cancer (2) Apply Ovarian Cancer filter
- Rectal Cancer (2) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (2) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Male (1) Apply Breast Cancer Male filter
- Esophageal Cancer (1) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer (1) Apply Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer filter
- Testicular Cancer (1) Apply Testicular Cancer filter
- Patient Safety Education (34) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Dermatology (18) Apply Dermatology filter
- Mens Health (12) Apply Mens Health filter
- Womens Health (10) Apply Womens Health filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (9) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (5) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Mental Health (4) Apply Mental Health filter
- Pediatrics (4) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Eye Disease (3) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Infectious Disease (3) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Hematology (2) Apply Hematology filter
- Cardiovascular (1) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (1) Apply Diabetes filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pulmonary Disease (1) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer