Metastatic Cancer: How Cancer Spreads
Learning that a cancer has metastasized may be one of the scariest things you can hear from your doctor. Metastatic cancers are responsible for 90 percent of all cancer-related deaths. Here is an introduction to the fundamentals of how cancer develops and spreads.
Surprising Facts About Melanoma
Sunburns and excessive tanning can increase your risk for an aggressive form of skin cancer known as melanoma. Could other habits — such as medication use and even your profession — raise your melanoma risk as well?
Melanoma Patients Treated With Rx Combination Lived Longer
Once melanoma skin cancer spreads to other parts of the body, patients' survival rates drop. But treatment with a combination of medications may increase survival in these patients.
Fashion Changes May Explain Increase in Serious Skin Cancer
The porcelain skin and full-coverage dresses of the early 1900s have given way to the deep tans and bikinis popular today. Changing perceptions of beauty and fluxes in fashion trends may explain increases in cases of melanoma.
FDA Approves Rx for Melanoma
Some advanced melanoma patients don't respond to available medicines and cannot have surgery. Today, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved a new medicine that could help those patients.
New Rx for Melanoma Approved
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today granted accelerated approval to Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for treatment of patients with advanced or unresectable melanoma who are no longer responding to other drugs.
Airplane Crews May Have Heightened Skin Cancer Risk
Melanoma is a life-threatening form of skin cancer associated with getting too much sun, and it may be a hazard for those who work on airplanes.
Safety Tips for Outdoor Sun Fun
Some of the hottest months of the year are here, and people are spending time outside, enjoying the sunshine, producing vitamin D and soaking up the ultraviolet (UV) rays. Practicing sun safety can keep harmful sunburns and other risks away and keep the fun going.
Light vs. Freezing for Actinic Keratosis
Spending lots of time under the sun's harmful rays can cause skin patches called actinic keratoses (AKs). In some cases, these scaly, rough patches can turn into skin cancer, so doctors usually recommend removing them. But what's the best way to remove them?
Surgeon General Issues Call to Action to Prevent Skin Cancer
We're now in the heart of summer, which means many of us are spending more time outside and in the sun. So, it seems to be an appropriate moment to address skin cancer risk and prevention — which is exactly what the US surgeon general is doing.
- Yervoy (6) Apply Yervoy filter
- Viagra (2) Apply Viagra filter
- Abraxane (1) Apply Abraxane filter
- Accutane (1) Apply Accutane filter
- Aldara (1) Apply Aldara filter
- Celebrex (1) Apply Celebrex filter
- Enbrel (1) Apply Enbrel filter
- Humira (1) Apply Humira filter
- Imuran (1) Apply Imuran filter
- Levitra (1) Apply Levitra filter
- Purinethol (1) Apply Purinethol filter
- Tamoxifen (1) Apply Tamoxifen filter
- Tarceva (1) Apply Tarceva filter
- Vfend (1) Apply Vfend filter
- Zelboraf (1) Apply Zelboraf filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- (-) Remove Skin Cancer filter Skin Cancer
- Breast Cancer Female (8) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Prostate Cancer (5) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Colon Cancer (4) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Lung Cancer (4) Apply Lung Cancer filter
- Brain Cancer (3) Apply Brain Cancer filter
- Pancreatic Cancer (3) Apply Pancreatic Cancer filter
- Cervical Cancer (2) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Kidney Cancer (2) Apply Kidney Cancer filter
- Liver Cancer (2) Apply Liver Cancer filter
- Ovarian Cancer (2) Apply Ovarian Cancer filter
- Rectal Cancer (2) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (2) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Male (1) Apply Breast Cancer Male filter
- Esophageal Cancer (1) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer (1) Apply Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer filter
- Testicular Cancer (1) Apply Testicular Cancer filter
- Patient Safety Education (34) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Dermatology (18) Apply Dermatology filter
- Mens Health (12) Apply Mens Health filter
- Womens Health (10) Apply Womens Health filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (9) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (5) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Mental Health (4) Apply Mental Health filter
- Pediatrics (4) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Eye Disease (3) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Infectious Disease (3) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Hematology (2) Apply Hematology filter
- Cardiovascular (1) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (1) Apply Diabetes filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pulmonary Disease (1) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer