Pain and Itch May Indicate Skin Cancer
Dermatologists use a number of observational and laboratory methods to evaluate suspicious skin marks when looking for cancer. But a new study suggests simply asking a patient to evaluate itchiness or pain can help doctors make informed decisions.
Surgery for Melanoma That Has Spread May Extend Life
People with a type of skin cancer that has spread to the liver may live only four to five months, but doctors may be able to extend that time frame for some patients.
Cancer Risks for Tanning Teens
The risk of skin cancer for those who are exposed to the sun without adequate protection is well established. But what about exposure to tanning beds?
What Everyone Should Know About Sunscreen
The possible dangers of spending time in the sun have been getting a lot of attention these days, and for good reason — there are more than a million new cases of skin cancer in the US each year. With a little knowledge, you can make that time in the sun a bit safer.
Blistering Burns Predicted Skin Cancer
Years of research and health education have made it known that the more sun you get, the higher the odds of eventually developing skin cancer. And sunburns could boost that risk even further.
Rare Type of Skin Cancer More Likely to Recur
The skin cancer melanoma comes in a variety of forms. One rare form of this cancer, called acral melanoma, may do something that other melanomas don't do.
Indoor Tanning Devices Will Have New Warnings
Many young people strive for tan skin, but this quest could put them at a risk for cancer. Health officials announced changes to how indoor tanning devices are regulated.
FDA to Require Warnings on Sunlamp Products
Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued a final order reclassifying sunlamp products and ultraviolet (UV) lamps intended for use in sunlamp products from low-risk (class I) to moderate-risk (class II) devices.
Without Burning, Indoor Tanning Still Poses Serious Risk
Many people use tanning booths to achieve a golden tan, believing they are avoiding burns and subsequently skin cancer by doing so. But that doesn't seem to be the case.
Six Highly Treatable Cancers
The diagnosis and treatment of cancer has come a long way in the last 50 years. Today, many patients are living past their cancers.
- Yervoy (6) Apply Yervoy filter
- Viagra (2) Apply Viagra filter
- Abraxane (1) Apply Abraxane filter
- Accutane (1) Apply Accutane filter
- Aldara (1) Apply Aldara filter
- Celebrex (1) Apply Celebrex filter
- Enbrel (1) Apply Enbrel filter
- Humira (1) Apply Humira filter
- Imuran (1) Apply Imuran filter
- Levitra (1) Apply Levitra filter
- Purinethol (1) Apply Purinethol filter
- Tamoxifen (1) Apply Tamoxifen filter
- Tarceva (1) Apply Tarceva filter
- Vfend (1) Apply Vfend filter
- Zelboraf (1) Apply Zelboraf filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- (-) Remove Skin Cancer filter Skin Cancer
- Breast Cancer Female (8) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Prostate Cancer (5) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Colon Cancer (4) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Lung Cancer (4) Apply Lung Cancer filter
- Brain Cancer (3) Apply Brain Cancer filter
- Pancreatic Cancer (3) Apply Pancreatic Cancer filter
- Cervical Cancer (2) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Kidney Cancer (2) Apply Kidney Cancer filter
- Liver Cancer (2) Apply Liver Cancer filter
- Ovarian Cancer (2) Apply Ovarian Cancer filter
- Rectal Cancer (2) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (2) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Male (1) Apply Breast Cancer Male filter
- Esophageal Cancer (1) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer (1) Apply Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer filter
- Testicular Cancer (1) Apply Testicular Cancer filter
- Patient Safety Education (34) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Dermatology (18) Apply Dermatology filter
- Mens Health (12) Apply Mens Health filter
- Womens Health (10) Apply Womens Health filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (9) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (5) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Mental Health (4) Apply Mental Health filter
- Pediatrics (4) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Eye Disease (3) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Infectious Disease (3) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Hematology (2) Apply Hematology filter
- Cardiovascular (1) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (1) Apply Diabetes filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pulmonary Disease (1) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer