Success Over Teen Drinking
Teenagers have an incredible capacity to learn, grow and change. And that capacity may be of service when it comes to reducing unhealthy drinking behavior among teens.
Using to Cope With Parental Deployment
Using alcohol or drugs during times of stress is the last thing a kid should be doing. But kids admitted to hitting the hard stuff when a parent was away on military deployment.
Alcohol, Suicide and Overdoses
Alcohol has never been known to improve clear-headed decision making. For a person who is thinking about taking their own life, alcohol and medication can make a lethal combo.
Daredevils Don’t Need Vodka with Red Bull
Energy drinks are full of caffeine and sugar, which can pack quite a kick. But what happens if people drink energy drinks with alcohol? Do people get double buzzed and reckless?
With Hep C, Alcohol is a No Go
For healthy people, a drink or two can be okay. But for people with hepatitis C liver infections, a drink or two a day might be very dangerous.
Binge Drinking: A Global Issue
Having a glass of wine with dinner is not the same as throwing back five rounds in one night. Across the globe, many people don’t drink, but those who do may be drinking too much.
Have A Drink, Not Four
Crossing the line between one or two drinks to three or four isn’t difficult, but it may not be healthy. Researchers have found that many people have been drinking too much.
Teens Aren’t Getting the ‘Say No’ Memo
Preventing substance abuse in teens needs to start early. Whether the message comes from school, from TV or the radio, teens need to know the risks involved with substance abuse.
The Risks for Babies Born to Alcoholics
Alcohol and pregnancy don't mix. And neither does alcoholism and a baby's first year of life. Mothers who don't have alcohol problems are much more likely to see their babies grow up.
Is Drinking Related to Cancer?
Studies in the past have shown links between heavy drinking and cancer. Previous research has found drinking red wine fights cancer. But what about just drinking in general?
- Chantix (2) Apply Chantix filter
- Finasteride (1) Apply Finasteride filter
- OxyContin (1) Apply OxyContin filter
- Propecia (1) Apply Propecia filter
- Prozac (1) Apply Prozac filter
- Topamax (1) Apply Topamax filter
- Trazodone (1) Apply Trazodone filter
- Valium (1) Apply Valium filter
- Vicodin (1) Apply Vicodin filter
- Xanax (1) Apply Xanax filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- (-) Remove Addictions filter Addictions
- Depression (18) Apply Depression filter
- Emotional Health (13) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Anxiety Disorders (11) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Suicide Prevention (11) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Bipolar Disorder (10) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Child Disorders (10) Apply Child Disorders filter
- Schizophrenia (7) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Stress (7) Apply Stress filter
- Violence Prevention (7) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (4) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Eating Disorders (3) Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Dementia (2) Apply Dementia filter
- Sleep Disorders (2) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (2) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder (1) Apply Attention Deficit Disorder filter
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (1) Apply Autism Spectrum Disorders filter
- Borderline Personality Disorder (1) Apply Borderline Personality Disorder filter
- Pediatrics (38) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (37) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Patient Safety Education (27) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (25) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Cardiovascular (22) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Stroke (9) Apply Stroke filter
- Hypertension (7) Apply Hypertension filter
- Atrial Fibrillation (3) Apply Atrial Fibrillation filter
- Congestive Heart Failure (2) Apply Congestive Heart Failure filter
- Heart Attack (2) Apply Heart Attack filter
- Atherosclerosis (1) Apply Atherosclerosis filter
- High Cholesterol (1) Apply High Cholesterol filter
- Cancer (14) Apply Cancer filter
- Esophageal Cancer (3) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (2) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Colon Cancer (1) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Oral Cancer (1) Apply Oral Cancer filter
- Rectal Cancer (1) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (1) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Stomach Cancer (1) Apply Stomach Cancer filter
- Gastrointestinal (11) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Womens Health (10) Apply Womens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (8) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Trauma (8) Apply Trauma filter
- Diabetes (7) Apply Diabetes filter
- Healthy Home (7) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Mens Health (5) Apply Mens Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (5) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Exercise (3) Apply Exercise filter
- Baby (2) Apply Baby filter
- Kidney Disease (2) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Sexual Health (2) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (2) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Dermatology (1) Apply Dermatology filter
- Pulmonary Disease (1) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health