Pulmonary DiseaseInfo Center
Immune Diseases Were More Common in Those Born by C-Section
Could the birth process have a role in immune disease development? A common birthing method may raise babies' risk of immune diseases later, a new study found.
Asthma May Put the Heart in Peril
Asthma and heart attack may share similar symptoms, such as chest tightness and shortness of breath. The link between the two, however, may go beyond that. Asthma may increase the odds of having a heart attack.
Sleep Apnea Procedure May Improve Childhood Asthma
Asthma attacks can be stressful health scares for both children and their parents. But new research shows that a sleep disorder treatment could offer relief.
FDA Approves Two Medications for Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
Until Wednesday, people with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) had limited treatment options. Treatment options for this chronic lung condition expanded when the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved two separate medications to treat IPF.
Millions of Medical Conditions Tied to Smoking
Many past studies have shown that smoking cigarettes is unhealthy and can cause illnesses like COPD and cancer. Now, a new study has highlighted the extent of these illnesses caused by tobacco.
CDC Reports Americans Living Longer Than Ever
Americans may be living longer than ever before. In a new Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report, measures of life span were up and rates of death were down.
Prenatal BPA Exposure Linked to Wheeze
Asthma rates of children in the US have risen steadily over the past 30 years, but specific causes for the increase have remained unclear.
Schools May Be Unprepared for Chronic Health Emergencies
Some school districts may be unprepared for emergencies related to chronic conditions like asthma and allergies, a new study found. The authors of the study called for more health management plans in schools.
Combo Therapy May Be Best for COPD
A therapy including two types of inhaled medication could be the best treatment for COPD, a smoking-related condition that affects millions in the US each year.
Dad’s Smoking May Affect Future Children
Secondhand smoke can be harmful to children. But it may also harm children before they're even born.
- Flovent (6) Apply Flovent filter
- Pulmicort Respules (6) Apply Pulmicort Respules filter
- Proventil HFA (4) Apply Proventil HFA filter
- Spiriva (3) Apply Spiriva filter
- Ventolin HFA (3) Apply Ventolin HFA filter
- Advair (2) Apply Advair filter
- Asmanex (2) Apply Asmanex filter
- Combivent (2) Apply Combivent filter
- ProAir HFA (2) Apply ProAir HFA filter
- Xopenex HFA (2) Apply Xopenex HFA filter
- Actemra (1) Apply Actemra filter
- Adcirca (1) Apply Adcirca filter
- Adderall (1) Apply Adderall filter
- Ativan (1) Apply Ativan filter
- Avinza (1) Apply Avinza filter
- Chantix (1) Apply Chantix filter
- Cialis (1) Apply Cialis filter
- Concerta (1) Apply Concerta filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Foradil (1) Apply Foradil filter
- Kadian (1) Apply Kadian filter
- Letairis (1) Apply Letairis filter
- Montelukast (1) Apply Montelukast filter
- Oxecta (1) Apply Oxecta filter
- OxyContin (1) Apply OxyContin filter
- Prevacid (1) Apply Prevacid filter
- Remicade (1) Apply Remicade filter
- Singulair (1) Apply Singulair filter
- Symbicort (1) Apply Symbicort filter
- Synagis (1) Apply Synagis filter
- Vyvanse (1) Apply Vyvanse filter
- Xanax (1) Apply Xanax filter
- Xolair (1) Apply Xolair filter
- Xopenex (1) Apply Xopenex filter
- Zithromax (1) Apply Zithromax filter